Sign in to follow this  
delbydoo

Cannot download from library

Hi all

I have been having a problem downloading files from the library over the last couple of days. I keep getting this message

connect_zpsirbqi5ca.png

I use firefox, but I am also getting the same result from chrome. I have cleared my cache, cookies  and history all to no avail. Haven't seen anybody else talking about this, so I'm guessing it may be from my end?

Any help or ideas will gratefully received

Thanks

Daryl

I'm having issues as well.  I'm on Windows 10 and I get ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED in Chrome while Edge is unable to resolve the php redirect.

EDIT:

I tried with both Windows Defender and Windows Firewall turned off and in Incognito mode in Chrome.  Nothing worked.

However, I was able to download from my work laptop just fine (Windows 10 and Google Chrome).  Not sure what's going on here.

EDIT2:

Nevermind; all good here.  There was another program acting as a firewall.

I'm having the same issues with FireFox and also on IE.

I already disabled the Windows Firewall and Microsoft Essentials but no effect. I can view the download site but it will not load the download. It still says "connecting" but it will never connect. Doesn't' matter which livery I try to download.

Greetings Eddi :smile:

Bringing up the topic as many files I like to have are here in the library :/

That's how it looks after I click on download:

screenw4u9g.jpg

Greetings Eddi :smile:

Hello,

For some reason I missed this topic, sorry for that. 

Is this problem still active? We were having a number of changes at the Library over the last few weeks and that meant that certain Library fucntions were offline during certain times.

Having issue with error message "421 50 users logged in maximum sorry" then after few tries goes away. Is this due to heavy demand?

John

To be honest, this is the first time I come along this error, I'll inform our IT chaps about this.

As said in another topic I encounter this 421 error also. It looks like if you download a bunch of files one after the other then the AVSIM server will give you the 421 error. If you wait a while then you can download again.

Anyway thanks in advance for your effort. I'm aware that this site is maintained by volunteers.

Martin Maaskant

ALT326

Visit www.altairva.com

I also receive the "421" error, "max users logged in". Even the forum is EXTREMELY slow for me.

It appears to me that the library may be under a DOS attack - hopefully admins can detect and resolve the issue - if they are even aware that a problem exists at this time.

Ciao

Back to the 421 Error (50 users already logged in). Yesterday I could download without any issues. It reminds me of the old days at the other site with its "All nodes busy" error message  :sad:

That with Firefox. With IE11 I'm asked for some FTP credentials, which are not the same as my Library username and password (because these don't work). In summary, today I can't download anything...

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

firefox hs the 421 error Ie11 just displays page not available; but whatever this place becoming very unreliable since Tom's sad departure :mad: