I was playing happily with my full Saitek setup (radio, multi, switch, instrument, ect) on FSX SE.  The addon's and terrain stuff MOSTLY is only supported for the boxed version however.  I picked up a copy of the boxed version and now I can't get the instrument panel to work.  It just does the advertisement screen.  I run SPAD and the other panels work fine.  Do I just go back to FSX SE or is there a work around I'm missing?  I've tried completely wiping all the Saitek stuff and reinstalling because SPAD doesn't do the instrument panel.

Have you looked into SPAD Next? I just found out about it last week but have been working my way through some Windows 10 related issues and have not investigated fully. 

http://flightsimeindhoven.nl/?p=10802

http://fsgs.com/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=83b8b181ed40b199f478986ac719f625

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The link between Saitek and paying consumers appears to be broken. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Genbrad:

I recently bought FSX-SE as well as upgrading to windows 10.  I had a problem with the compatibility of my Saitek panels.  I contacted Saitek / mad katz and downloaded a new panel driver/add-on. The download updated both the boxed and the steam versions. Also, I deleted the FS9 driver from the Saitek folder.  Now, both versions are working OK under windows 10.  When I launch the steam version,  I am asked to OK the launch of the Saitek add-ons.  I hope this helps.

Jim Elder

Jim,

Do your Saitek devices stay plugged in to your system? or do you unplug them after use?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I might try a full wipe and reinstall. I rebuilt the whole system basically and had to reload windows because of the new mobo. All my steam stuff was on a separate hard drive so that might be a problem to. Fppilot I do unplug everything after use because I wouldn't be able to use my keyboard otherwise. I don't use the keyboard at all anymore in fsx. I have no issues with any other panels, just the instrument one. It uses it's own USB port while the rest go through a hub

Don;t go through all of that before exhausting another avenue.  It might be affected by Windows Advanced Power Management and just require a registry edit for that one device. There is also an .exe file to do this at the link below. You may have to register at that site in order to download it. The same or similar .exe file is available elsewhere, but I do not have that other link.  Try a Google for Saitek,Windows 8.1, and Advanced Power Management. The .exe worked for me in Windows 10.

http://www.fsgs.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=375&p=1336#p1336

Frank Patton
ASUS 

My Saitek BIP and FIP drivers are not working as well. The ones you download from Saitek. 

I got the Saitek BIP to work with Spad but the FIP is a nightmare!