Sign in to follow this  
downscc

External Alarm?

This is the first time I've heard this sound... is it Aerosoft EDDF (that's where I'm at and finally got lights working):  PMDG 777 at the gate on ground air/power, engines and APU shut down and GSX not tasked. No traffic. Sound is a high pitch fire-alarm sound, and it is loudest in external view and muted in cockpit. I don't think it has anything to do with PMDG but thought I'd ask here first.

I can stop sound by reseting the flight. It comes back after a minute or two, every time.  Kinda makes this location impossible to use.

Thanks for any suggestion.

EDIT:  I've eliminated everything but the PMDG-EDDF combination.  I can sit there all day with the BE-58 and nothing happens.  Load the 777 in the ground air/power configuration and the sound returns. Ideas?

Ah ha! Found it... saw an alarm pop up on EICAS as sound started... EQUIP OVRHT alarm. The EQUIP COOLING button was off for some reason.  Pretty interesting that I've been flying the wings off this bird and this is the first time I've run into this one. Still learning.

Dan Downs KCRP

Nice find! The reason it’s louder on the outside it because it’s the ground crew call horn in the wheel well. Neat to see that the sound is simulated like that!

Brian W

KPAE

The EQUIP COOLING button was off for some reason.

Hi, Dan,

I've found that when I reload a saved flight - typically a setup for final approach -- the equipment cooling switch is off/light is on.  Also, sometimes the EICAS says the APU is on  when it isn't. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I have had this one as well, from cold and dark with equip cooling off, a few minutes after power up it starts ringing