Sign in to follow this  
Nick Dobda

NGX 737 FSX Steam - Stuttering issue

Please help!

I have a Dell Inspirion with a Celeron Dual core 2.4 GHz with 4GB memory and HD graphics. I believe this should have met the bare minimums to run the NGX 737, and it kinda does..

Upon loading, and starting off by turning down the graphics, I get a FPS of 10-20. Now I realize that kinda sucks in a relative way, and the graphics have been turned waay down.. but I am seriously interested in the cockpit, the processes, and the realism... the graphics being low and the low frame rates I can totally deal with, so long as the NGX is running.

The problem I cant deal with is the fact that it stutters... ALOT... like once every 45 seconds, everything freezes for about 10 seconds. I can't deal with that problem, so if I don't find a solution to this problem, I fear I just blew $70 on a plane I can't fly.

What can I do to diagnose the problem and better yet fix it?

Thank  you!

Hi Nick,

Do you have FSUICP  and automatic saving on?

If so, switching it off sometimes help.

Hey Nick,

I also had this problem a while back. As Eric mentioned FSUIPC may be the issue but as I didn't have the registered version I had ruled it out. If I recall correctly for me it had to do with sound drivers. Something to do with updating my motherboard drivers and disabling the Nvidia sound driver and wiping it from my system. Sorry I can't be of more help. You didn't waste any money and this is a problem that can be solved. Best of luck to you!

Darren Klenk

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/703711/Dell-Inspiron-3646-Desktop-Computer-With/

Thank you for your suggestions, I will do what I can with what you said. I've added the link above to show exactly what kind of computer I am working with. My wife bought this thing about 3 months ago on the cheap figuring that despite it being cheap, she assumed because it was new the technology would be able to run FSX. She was right, I'm completely happy with FSX with the default 737, in fact it runs 30 FPS with everything set to high (resolutions, textures, planes, traffic etc.).

The NGX 737 installed beautifully, everything loads beautifully, the sounds are incredible, the cockpit is incredible, its just a beast on the frames (down to 10-15 FPS with the graphics turned down, planes and fun stuff all turned off). But I haven't had time to play with settings to get the graphics, animations and whatnot at a happy medium with the frame rate. I was able to just take off to see how it would look at 10 - 15 fps... and yeah I can deal with it. But like I said this stuttering thing is killer.

It seems to be graphics related (I only got to play with it for about an hour last night, staying up late dinking around after the kids went to bed). Destroyed my nights sleep staying up late and destroying a day here at work with me obcessing about this stuttering issue.

Anyway, I found it stuttered when I would start pressing buttons, or panning in the cockpit. Also when I began takeoff. I noticed for example a sim 737 at the gate as I accelerated down the runway... it would freeze for 8-10 seconds.. then pop back on as the graphics of the sim plane at the gate updated immediately after it unfroze.. almost as if it froze up to catch up on loading textures or something.

In the air I was thinking it would studder when loading graphics in the distance.

My next trial would be to turn everything down to 0, go back to FS5 mode and see if it stops studdering. I would think (hope) that I wouldn't have to do this, there must be something I can do to get rid of these studders. It would be such a shame not to be able to fly this thing, especially since I've been exposed to it now, how could I go back to the default 737. Sigh.

One more thing, what I am expierenceing is more then what people are describing as "stuttering". About every 15 seconds, everything freezes (the sound remains ongoing, though). 8-10 seconds later everything unfreezes and continues on... no errors, nothing like that. It's kinda like stuttering on steroids.

And BTW I do use a registered FSUIPC.. I saw that other thread with a guy having the exact same problem with the exact same plane and that the autosave things was the fix.... fingers crossed!

Just hope noticing the graphics loading coinciding with the studder is just a coincidence...

Wow, you guys!

Turned off autosave, not a single instance of freezing up. I have a workable NGX 737!

The plan is to spend the next few months learning how to fly the NGX while saving my pennies for a machine with all the bells and whistles. This comp I have now will work just fine for that purpose.

Thanks a million!

May I ask what time interval you had set for the autosave? Sounds like it was trying to save at very short intervals.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yes, it was set to every 60 seconds... save multiple something or other, I turned everything off. It sure seemed like it was freezing more often then 60 seconds, but that was the problem, I was able to takeoff, circle back and... well crash into the runway because I still don't know how to fly the thing (It sure is not the default 737).

While we're kinda on the topic (I will search forums later but might as well ask while this thread is still going) I have a Saitek Flight Yoke, there are 14 buttons I had programmed for the most common adjustments in flight (heading, alt, flaps, speed, ap master, vs, gps, nav radios, heads up) All the FSUIPC assignments carried over to the NGX, but many assignments do not work anymore... I'll have to reprogram and re learn them based on what I need them for most now with the NGX.

Does FSUIPC have in its library of switches all the available buttons on the NGX panel? I think I heard nearly (if not all) buttons are now active and all work (unlike the default), Id imagine FSX might not have everything in the library... nor FSUIPC.

Yes, it was set to every 60 seconds... save multiple something or other, I turned everything off. It sure seemed like it was freezing more often then 60 seconds, but that was the problem,

Continue to be perplexed at how all these products interact. I was experiencing a similar stuttering issue, about every 10 to 15 seconds, but each lasting for a second or so. Had just installed both the RealAir Turbine Duke V2 and the F1 GTN 750.  Had (2) GTN 750's installed in the TDV2, and that is what I was flying when experiencing the stutters. I had also recently configured FSUIPC for an auto save each three minurtes and I believed that was the cause of the stutters. But why were the stutters happening more often than each 3 minutes?  Removed one of the two GTN 750s and the issue totally evaporated! Still have the FSUIPC auto save on.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere