Sign in to follow this  
GFD150

Windows 10 and FS2004 Discussion

Does FS9 Working In Windows 10  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Does FS9 Work In Windows 10?

Just A Roll To Get Answers To A Very Much Asked Question. Feel Free To Comment and Discuss But Please Keep It Clean.

And so does ASE, RC4.3, FSCommander, FSBuild, FSNav, GEPro, PMDG MD11 and most everything else I have.

And so does ASE, RC4.3, FSCommander, FSBuild, FSNav, GEPro, PMDG MD11 and most everything else I have.

Active Sky 6.X locking up FS9 in full screen mode when going to Window Mode Alt + Enter.. What GPU are you using, and if it's an NVIDIA what are your graphic settings within the control panel, and are you running full screen, or window???

Thanks 

J.R.

I think the problem is fixed. I changed one thing in the configuration (random), and restarted the program. Changed the configuration back to what it was...seems like it's working. However Sluggy if you can still pass on your settings...I would greatly appreciate it.

J.R.

After two Windows 10 upgrades...went back to my Windows 7 configuration, In my original upgrade all was working until I found out that I didn't have permission to install anything into the addon scenery, or just add scenery to FS9. The problem was fixed after the second upgrade...and that's when i found out that Active Sky wasn't working correctly. Reinstalled the program, and it got more of a fiasco. FS9 works great on Windows 7, I have better frame rates...so going to stay with this until the bitter end of Windows 7 life. 

Thanks to all who gave me help, and I hope I was helpful to anybody on other threads.

Take Care/Happy Flying

J.R.

Sorry, here's my hardware and settings :

i7-3770K @4.3

GTX980 Strix

Running dual monitors windowed @ 1080p

FS9.cfg (relevant bit)

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980.0]
Mode=1920x1080x32
PanelAsTexture=0
TextureAGP=0
TriLinear=1
MipBias=6

driver 353.62

using NickN's Inspector settings. FS9 is running well at 60 frames locked with dips in heavy clouds (REX)

I upgraded one of my Win 7 systems and FS9 doesn't even start.  It asks for permission to make changes to computer, etc., answer yes but nothing happens.  I even renamed the FS9 directory, did a clean install and still nothing.  I tried moving my UAC slider all the way down, but then a different screen popped up saying access denied or something close to that.  So I tried checking the 'Run as Administrator Box' and also the compatibility boxes.  No help.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it at least running.

If it helps, FS9 is on it's own SSD in my case, and I too have UAC turned all the way down. The only drama I had was for some reason FS9 re-enabled it's joystick (making everything uncontrollable since I use FSUIPC for my controllers), a quick change and all was back to normal.

What happens if you rename the FS9.cfg file and let FS9 build a new one? I think Win 10 is even more protective of it's own directories than Win 7, have you tried to install in, say, C;\FS9?

Actually, if the UAC change you try is not allowed, it would indicate to me that your user account may not have sufficent priviliges to install new programs. Maybe check your account settings?

Cheers, SLuggy

Yes...BUT

It works, but my Nvidia antialiasing no longer works. I was using NickN's config for Inspector in Win 8.1 with great success. Upgrade to Windows 10, jaggies everywhere. I've reloaded the driver, rolled back drivers, removed NI, reapplied settings, run in compatibility mode, no luck.

For those of you running smoothly, any tips?

i5 4670k @ stock

GTX 970 - 353.62

8gb RAM

Running off SSD

I did have to reset my NI settings, but no problems with AA here. When I have some time this arvo (around 2 or so hours) if you're around, I'll try to work through things with you. Starting to feel like I'm one of the lucky ones here.

Cheers, SLuggy

I did have to reset my NI settings, but no problems with AA here. When I have some time this arvo (around 2 or so hours) if you're around, I'll try to work through things with you. Starting to feel like I'm one of the lucky ones here.

Cheers, SLuggy

Any tips or things I should look for? I updated to the new Nvidia driver, 355.60 hoping that would help, but no luck there either.

This is killing me, everything is working fine just crap graphics.

I tried installing out of the normal FS9 directory with the same result.  Finally, installed the cd patch and everything came right up.  Went back to my normal install and did the same thing and the only problem I had was that FS9 would load straight into the last airport minimized and could not maximize it.  So I found a setting in the FS9 config file Startup section an option for 'Show_Opening_Screen'.  Changed that to '1' and it starts normally.  Just have a problem running Full Screen mode right now.  Flashes rapidly.  Something to work on later.  But, no permissions required or admin privileges.  All of my other associated programs seem to be working also, TTools, ADE, Abacus EZ Scenery, Instant Object Studio.  The video could be something with my NVidia driver.  I downloaded a new one, but maybe not set up correctly.

The problem I think is with the video drivers. NVIDIA only has one current driver for Windows 10: 353.30. Hopefully NVIDIA will fix the problem in future updates.

J.R.