Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Taking days to download

Why is my windows 10 taking days to download? It just says windows 10 is downloading. download - In progress ?

Vernon Howells

Sounds like you need to feed the hamster.  :P

Linux731 is right though, the reservation way might be siphoning you through a very long queue of people and the server may be overloaded.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

What is the MCT? Is it the white windows icon in my taskbar?

Yeh true jim! Its showing up in my windows update

Vernon Howells

better google media creation tool windows 10 -> download -> run -> it will check for update -> it show two option 1) Upgrade 2) download iso and burn to CD -> choose upgrade -> it will download file/iso, after finish download -> keep file and apps -> go watch movie as upgrade process so slowpoke.

my suggest is select option 2, and burn to DVD, after burn dvd, just run setup in DVD, upgrade. the DVD can be use for clean install next time

Muhamad Aliff

the DVD can be use for clean install next time

I actually created a USB stick with it :-)

Make sure you find the win 10 key after the install. Use Speccy if you can't find it.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Can i burn it to my external hard drive?

No. USB or DVD only.

MCT = Media Creation Tool.

Forget the white Windows logo in the taskbar. The "reservation" system is kinda broken. Just upgrade right away using the MCT.