Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

setting options for decent

I am wondering when I do my decent checklist about setting final approach fix, decision height and missed approach altitude.  If I am going by FSX default ATC, how do I go about setting this up, considering my TOD is usually much farther back from when they tell me to decend?  They don't usually give me a runway to land on until that point.  Do you use default fsx or just planning the landing runway before when setting up the FMC on the ground?  I have PFPX so it does give me a departing runway and landing runway but sometimes FSX ATC will have me taking off at a different runway.  Hope this isn't one of those "stupid questions."

Josh Scholl

Hi,

I don't use the default ATC for two reasons:

_ It is highly unaccurate

_ I exclusively fly online

Regarding the choice of landing runway, I first check the TAF at destination during my flight planning. It will give an idea of what to expect. But I also study the other approach in case the weather would change or the ATC would give me another runway than the one I planned to land on.

Once around 100nm before the TOD, I confirm or enter the expect (or given) runway and approach into the FMC and feed the approach brief page of fs2crew accordingly.

In fsx, you should check if you can listen to the ATIS before your TOD to get the runways in use.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.