Sign in to follow this  
Steve0616

CYQR 2015

Would like to give a huge thanks to Greg Putz for his just released CYQR 2015 scenery. What an effort of love for his hometown airport and for the FS9 community to give us this airport.  Phenomenal work, absolutely amazing,  and I know I will be increasing my arrivals and departures at Regina. Many thanks!!

Would like to give a huge thanks to Greg Putz for his just released CYQR 2015 scenery. What an effort of love for his hometown airport and for the FS9 community to give us this airport.  Phenomenal work, absolutely amazing,  and I know I will be increasing my arrivals and departures at Regina. Many thanks!!

Ditto on this end!  It amazing to get ANY new scenry for FS2004, but it's super amazing to get one of this quality.  GREAT job from Greg!

Hi all; I have the previous scenery by Greg, and I have 3 folders with that scenery the two listed and landclass should all 3 be deleted. Any advice welcomed. Regards, David

In the pdf, the author says to remove previous versions of my “Virtual YQR” and “Regina City” if you have those installed.  I only had the previous CYQR airport installed so my guess would be to remove them.  

Hi all; I have the previous scenery by Greg, and I have 3 folders with that scenery the two listed and landclass should all 3 be deleted. Any advice welcomed. Regards, David

Here's what he says in the overview and install text:

"CYQR 2015 is actually the third iteration of my efforts. I released my first CYQR project nearly a decade ago in 2006, and then updated it a few years later. This most recent effort is the result of about two years of work (off and on) and the experience I gained over the last decade with a number of my other smaller scenery projects. It is not an update of the earlier versions of CYQR but a completely new scenery built from scratch. CYQR 2015 pre-sents a detailed and high resolution rendering of the airport and its surroundings"

"Remove previous versions of my “Virtual YQR” and “Regina City” if you have those installed."

I removed ALL of the "old" version(s) and simply installed this scenery in its entirety.  It includes photorealistic ground textures so the landclass can go as well.

gwillmot

P.S.  Looks like Steve0616 beat me to it by seconds ......

Thanks Steve ,that's what I was thinking. Didn't want to mess stuff up though. Thanks to you also Gwilmot,have a good day all.

Oh yes... what a pleasure to find such a thoughtful bit of FS9.5 scenery!

Beautifully autogenned photoreal, enough special buildings spread around so you don't feel short-changed, and a fine rendering of the airport itself.

I just love this kind of scenery, look how the trucks are a little mud-spattered here: 

KRnohw.jpg

Superb bit of work; thank you sir!

I really like this scenery a lot! Thank you Gregory Putz!

Yeah, really a fine scenery. Although not the region I regularly fly to, I have requested AES support. We'll see what happens...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Mr. Putz if you read these forums 5 Stars and a Gold ribbon to match. Absolutely amazing and great frame rate as well. Thank you kindly, Regards David 

Also not a region I'd normally fly to... but one of the joys of flightsim is being lured to out of the way places  :smile:

No AES? Pshaw... we'll just take our own, then

sQSiAp.jpg

U12g5M.jpg

You are welcome and thank you for starting this thread.  It is rewarding to hear such positive feedback about the scenery.  I am still a devoted and loyal FS9 guy so I'm glad to share with the rest of the community and to hear your appreciation for the hard work I put into the airport.  Thanks guys.

Cheers

Greg Putz

You are welcome and thank you for starting this thread.  It is rewarding to hear such positive feedback about the scenery.  I am still a devoted and loyal FS9 guy so I'm glad to share with the rest of the community and to hear your appreciation for the hard work I put into the airport.  Thanks guys.

Cheers

Greg Putz

Hi Greg

Thanks so much for creating no doubt a great scenery judging by all the positive comments! Being honest, I haven't looked at it, avoided even looking at the screenshots in this thread. I'm on a world tour right now and will certainly make it part of the tour. Keeping it a complete surprise for when I land there. Much appreciated and thanks again! It's great to see top creations still coming through for FS9.

Mark Daniels

Best free FS9 scenery ever!

:Applause:  :Applause:  :Applause:  :Applause:  :Applause:

Now I am dreaming of the same quality for Calgary CYYC!

Unless you also make scenery yourself you guys thanking Greg can have no idea how much painstaking detailed effort, and also how many hours of boring and brain-numbing mouse clicks, went into that scenery. Great result. Greg also promised me that he will be making Saskatoon.