Sign in to follow this  
Steve0616

CYQR 2015

Unless you also make scenery yourself you guys thanking Greg can have no idea how much painstaking detailed effort, and also how many hours of boring and brain-numbing mouse clicks, went into that scenery.

Say what?  I thought we all (who aren't so artistically endowed) were thanking him BECAUSE we have an idea how much painstaking detailed effort and hours and mouse clicks went into this.  Am I missing something?

• Upvote 1

Greg also promised me that he will be making Saskatoon.

Roger, Roger, Roger.  I said I'd think about it!  Regina airport took me over two years to complete and Saskatoon is an even bigger airport.  I'm going to take a break from scenery projects and use the opportunity to fly some of your airports!  I think I have about 20 or 30 to add to my library.  

Thanks again to all of you who have taken the time to pass on such kind remarks about CYQR.  I appreciate it.  

Greg 

Greg, you know I was winding you up, though Saskatoon really does need a new version. I don't see you abandoning the Canadian government and going pro scenery making, so how about I do it? Not to your level, I don't have that much time to spare, but to Edmonton City Centre standard.

To be honest, with that kind of quality, you could go the payware route and roll out a production line of very impressive fs9 airports that would havr many interested.

Not too sure he'd make too much money "rolling out a production line" of an airport for FS2004 every 2-3 years.  I say let tne man enjoy what he likes and wants to do AND let US enjoy what he has already contributed without hounding him for more.  Look what's happened to Shez with all the wolves at his gate!

Yeah, really a fine scenery. Although not the region I regularly fly to, I have requested AES support. We'll see what happens...

Thank you for suggesting AES support for CYQR.  The scenery was included with the release of version 2.40.  Thank you very much Mr. Oliver Pabst for this great enhancement to my scenery.

Greg Putz

AES undeniably is the cherry on top of many great sceneries, this one included.

PuIOA8.jpg

The added animations just add that little something extra... a pity that sometimes Ollie's vehicles clash with the static scenery, I wondered if a fix might be possible? 

JZEiw2.jpg

Greg, I was also very lucky to see your scenery at the list.

(This is the more the case, as I generally missed freeware airports a little bit in the AES support list in the last time.)

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Seasonal update has been released in the library:

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Scenery New!  CYQR 2015 - Regina International Airport - Groome Field **Season Adjustment Option** ZipDive.png  Download.png

Other files which are related to, or may be required by, this file:

sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&I

File Description:
This is an update option for CYQR 2015 - Regina International Airport - Groome Field scenery. The CYQR 2015 scenery was designed to match the more accurate North American winter season changes developed by Scott Smart, which is available in the AVSIM file library. Seasons in the scenery are mismatched if the North American Season Zones Adjustment is not installed. This update provides users with an option to adjust CYQR 2015 to the default seasons.

Filename: cyqr_2015_season_adjustment_option.zip License: Freeware, limited distribution Added: 11th November 2015, 08:46:27 Downloads: 227 Author: Gregory Putz Size: 777kb

...and just for completeness, the AI package for this wonderful scenery:

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - AI Flight Plans CYQR 2015 - Regina International Airport - Traffic ZipDive.png  Download.png

Other files which are related to, or may be required by, this file:

•  sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&I

File Description:
Textures and AI traffic flight plans for 42 real-life aircraft based at CYQR Regina International Airport. This package was created to complement my CYQR-2015 scenery (cyqr_2015.zip). A replacement airport file (AFCAD) with realistic parking assignments is included. An Edit Voice Pack call sign "Saskatchewan" is also included for the Government of Saskatchewan King Air aircraft. Further installation details and information on where to obtain the aircraft models is included in the readme files.

Filename: cyqr-2015_traffic.zip License: Freeware Added: 13th December 2015, 19:55:02 Downloads: 207 Author: Gregory Putz Size: 16255kb

Not trivial things, AI installs... this does nicely complete the package though.

xJ0ePd.jpg

Couple of typos in flightplans:

Line in decompiled aircraft.txt should read

AC#102,110,"HTAI Cessna 150M RFC C-GSWM YQR-2015"
...and in aircraft.cfg , should read:
title=ANAI Piper Turbo Arrow C-GTCM YQR-2015

Also the link to the RFAI GRUMMAN-AMERICAN AA-5 doesn't exist at flightsim.com and I can't seem to locate this plane anywhere. I just removed it from the FP.

Wingz,

The Grumman AA-5 is contained in the file "rfai_various_ai_aircraft.zip" available at Flightsim.com.

Cheers,

Graeme Butler

Thank you Wingz and Graeme for pointing out the errors in the package.  That old saying measure twice cut once applies here.  My apologies and when I get a few moments in the new year  I will send a correction to the AVSIM library.  I will also look into moving the static ramp equipment that are in the way of the AES vehicles.  WingZ pointed this out sometime ago. 

Best wishes for a happy New Year!

Greg 

This is a fantastic scenery.  I was wondering if there is a way to adjust the summer grass colors to match the surrounding areas better.  On my monitor the airport grounds are a green/blue and the adjoining area is green/yellow/brown, so the overlaid scenery is very apparent.  In the winter, the transition is completely undetectable.  I know nothing about graphics rendering (as you can instantly tell).

I was wondering if there is a way to adjust the summer grass colors to match the surrounding areas better.

One thing you could do is install the Flight Ontario western Canada landclass from http://flightontario.com/dl_fs9.html.  I think you will find that it improves the situation slightly and the fields in the texture tiles will be more green than brown and yellow, and closer to the photo scenery fields south of CYQR. I probably should have mentioned this in the scenery notes.  This does not resolve the problem that in flightsim the field sizes are tiny compared to the real world fields in Saskatchewan and generally in western Canada. This causes that checker board pattern effect around the airport.  Not much I can do about that. The other factor is that there are a variety of ground terrain addons being used by FS9ers such as Ground Environment Pro, which is what I use.  My guess is that everyone of these comes with its own colour palettes.  Admittedly I developed the airport based on my personal set up.   Beyond my suggestion to use the Flight Ontario western Canada landclass there really is no easy way to adjust the colours to match the default fields except by doing a lot of photoshop work. One other possible solution is to render the fields south of the airport transparent so the default fields show through.  This is an option I could offer if I do an another update or new version of the airport some day.  In the meantime my suggestion is that you try the Flight Ontario landclass adjustment.

Cheers

Greg