Sign in to follow this  

Hi

Hopefully someone can explain this to me.

I've only just recently got to grips with mip mapping and how to go about optimizing it ,thanks to the great tutorial on the p3d tip and tricks section.

I 'm using photoshop cs5 and image tool, however I have found lots of files on some of my scenery textures that open fine with image tool but when I try to open them in photoshop to convert them to a dds format i get a pop up saying " could not complete your request because an unexpected end of file was encountered."

The file is also saved as a dxt3 so i would like to change it to either dxt1 or 5 depending on the alpha or not.

Any ideas why I can't open it in photoshop, or is there a work around?

Thanks

Pete Little

Photoshop can't open non-DDS compressed files like the FS9 format bitmaps.

Open them in ImageTool, change them to 32 bit format and save. PS will be able to open the 32 bit image.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Try using a Program called "DXTBMP" found free on the internet - and can handle ALL of the FS texture file formats ! - Johnman