Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Can you have the 777 installed in FSX and FSX Steam at the same time on the same PC?

I was going to try to do a side by side to see if FSX SE will save me any VAS but when I try to install the 777 I just get the option to either uninstall or repair? Can you not have it in both at the same time?

Thanks David

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I was going to try to do a side by side to see if FSX SE will save me any VAS but when I try to install the 777 I just get the option to either uninstall or repair? Can you not have it in both at the same time?

You can, but you need to uninstall the old version before installing the update.

Kyle Rodgers

In a dual install, FSX:SE uses different folder names than FSX:MS (original boxed version). PMDG's installers for the 777 and NGX take into account the folder structure in a dual install; so does Active Sky Next.  But for some older addons, including some older PMDG addons, Level D 767, Flightsim Commander and others, the installers won't find the correct folders for installation.  There are workarounds in most cases.  But perhaps once you are happy with FSX:SE you would be better off uninstalling both versions and doing a clean install of FSX:SE.  When you do that, the folder names remain the same as the original FSX, and so fewer problems are created for older addons.

Some addons just don't work - my biggest regret is that FS Recorder doesn't work in the Steam version.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2