Sign in to follow this  
Nuno Pinto

Captain Sim 727 updated to 2.6

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have to do a total uninstall I see. That will mess with my mods. Hope the loss of avionics is finally fixed.

Have to do a total uninstall I see. That will mess with my mods. Hope the loss of avionics is finally fixed.

It looks like all those mods (I have them too) were incorporated into 2.6. The V-one gauge is also already in there and I saw an INS unit. Still yet to test fly, but will do soon.

Warning for all- this update effectively breaks the 727 if you're using P3d. Apparently, this is some new strategy of Captain Sim's; you have to buy it all over if you install this update. 

How do you mean? I bought the p3d version of this jet (it was v 2.5). So you're saying if I upgrade my p3d installation from 2.5 to 2.6, they will force me to buy the plane again?

Your statement does not make sense.

No, they forcibly made the FSX version stop working in P3D as it used to.

They're forcing you to buy a "special" P3D version when the FSX version works flawlessly with P3D by simply changing something so it prevents the FSX version from running.

Nothing i wouldn't expect from them... bah.

• Upvote 1

It looks like all those mods (I have them too) were incorporated into 2.6. The V-one gauge is also already in there and I saw an INS unit. Still yet to test fly, but will do soon.

Yeah, looks like it. When I have time(winter most likely), I'll install and try this.

I bought some times ago the exterior modell 100 and 200 for FSX and after that I completed the plane with a basepack upgrade. At the CS 727 for P3D site I saw the upgrade offer (discount of 10€) at the the botton of the site too; for P3D I guess. An upgrade - from what? Does this mean that I can buy the upgrade-offer, install the FSX exterior version (there is only an FSX-version, isn't it?) in P3D with the EMT and after that the upgrade-offer for P3D? Will this work?

thanks Kai

The 727 has long been one of my very favorite commercial jets.  (See my forum name.)

The CS 727 has been about the best we have, but it's been flawed and required many custom user mods to get working right.  For years they did not past the broken version 2.4

Finally now they've pretty much fixed it.  I can highly recommend version 2.6 if you have FSX.  I replaced my heavily modded version with the new one and am not missing anything. 

The new version makes this quite nice.  Not only did they fix just about all the annoying bugs but added things like the V1 gauge and their CIVA from the 1011.  (The CIVA isn't in the VC, only as a pop-up, but it works quite well, just like the 1011 does.)

One of the best things is a small one - dials now can be controlled with the mouse wheel, and they actually did this quite nicely.  For instance on the HSI the mouse wheel moves in increments of 10 degrees, and left-right click move in 1 degree.   This makes using the gauge so much easier, I wish every add-on did their dials this way.

This isn't perfect, but I think it's now the best 727 by far we have for FSX at the present time.  Apparently it doesn't work in P3D like the old 2.4 did.  It does work in FSX-SE.

Dutch

Good news. I've been reading the CS forum, apparently the 'P3D version' doesn't work as good with broken cockpit lights, among other issues.

I thought they said the P3D upgrade will be free? Y'all correct me if I'm wrong.

Any further thoughts on the 2.6 P3D version? I am giving thought to getting it as I like the 727. Thanks.

Dave

Update 2.6 has been long awaited

It fixes most issueS that 2.4 didn't fix like the need to reload the plane in order to get the sound to Work, It includes the V1 gauge and a new CIVA INS For me an improvement.

What did they do to the autopilot.  They took away the mod for swithing from Nav to GPS and instead put in a cockpit switch.  Very nice, but it won't switch into GPS mode.  Nice job of breaking my 727.  I'm kicking myself for doing this upgrade to something I had working well.

I have the CS 727 working just fine in P3D ... I'll be posting video later today or tomorrow night.  I did have a problem but it was "user error" forgot to copy back in my SimConnect.xml and .ini files to their correct locations.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: sounds (and smoke) are very well done, smoke maybe a tad too thick but should be easy enough to change the FX file to think it out a little.  Sounds are nice and full 5.1 support with engines louder in the rear speakers as they should be.  FPS friendly and VAS friendly.

So, what you're saying Rob is that the FSX 727 2.6 works correctly in P3D?

If that's true, i'm going to cancel my flight and try it right away... It's a 727! :D

So, what you're saying Rob is that the FSX 727 2.6 works correctly in P3D?

Oops, sorry no ... the CS 727-100 P3D Version ... here: http://www.captainsim.com/products/x727/pro/  ... but per quote from CS

** - 727-100 Base Pack FSX/SE version does not work on Prepar3D and vice versa

Cheers, Rob.

I went ahead and bought the P3D version of this, lots of fun!  Certainly a handful when one is used to lots of automation, but an enjoyable aircraft to fly cargo around in.

No issue with lights etc as someone else had mentioned.

Can someone please clear this up for me ?

I have the full CS 727 package for FSX - i.e. base model, 200 expansion and 200F expansion. All v2.4 for FSX.

I understand that once I have bought  the P3Dv2 version of the 727 base model  ( v2.6 ), my FSX versions of the -200 and -200F expansions are upgraded free of charge, and are then compatible with P3Dv2. Only the base model has to be bought as a separate P3Dv2-specific model. Is that correct ?

Thanks for any info.

Correct, only the base model needs to be re-purchased for p3d, the expansion models are the same for p3d and fsx.

Correct, only the base model needs to be re-purchased for p3d, the expansion models are the same for p3d and fsx.

Thank you very much, Regis9. :smile:

So I did the uninstall-reinstall with the new version and seems fine except flaps gauge is not working. Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

I had the same problem on my first flight when I installed. I then rebooted the machine and all was well. 

I did note that on the Captain Sim forum it was mentioned:

For the guys with the "flap issue", just go in the engineer panel and turn on electrical feed to engine1. The flap gauge will work after that.

Pasted from <http://www.captainsim.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1437163280/30>

Sign in to follow this