Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Alaska Airlines Repaint ini file

I have the newest PMDG (FSX/P3D) 1D updates installed.

I recently used the OPS Center to download PMDG repaints because I am getting back into learning repainting with Photoshop.

For the downloaded PMDG 737-700NGX WL Alaska repaint I noticed it is missing the N612AS.ini file it previously had according to the PMDG repaint tutor by Gary Hayes.

So, I wonder if this repaint might have been repackaged after the PMDG 1D update and the original N612AS.ini file was left out on accident?

Background reference information:

Gary Hayes PMDG 737-700NGX video tutor #7 (6 min 30sec into video) :

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjCKpWraU8bKb_tjo76r53qVuLxXBpXPH

Shows an N612AS.ini file for PMDG's Alaska repaint which needs to get copied and renamed N624AS for use in the new repaint (tutor aircraft).

I did screenshots of the ini file folder and partial content of the N612AS.ini file (taken from the video).

PMDG-Alasska-ini-file-1_zpskrvqribl.jpg

PMDG-Alasska-ini-file-2_zpslnfpnqja.jpg

I checked another downloaded PMDG repaint to see if it had an ini file:
The PMDG737-800NGX WL American Airlines repaint which indeed does have an N807NN.ini file (screenshot).

PMDG737-800-NGX-WL-ini-file_zps4bqzmhlz.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

So, I wonder if this repaint might have been repackaged after the PMDG 1D update and the original N612AS.ini file was left out on accident?

I just tried downloading that livery and the file N612AS.INI was installed correctly. The file is located in the folder

FSX\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Aircraft

It's not a livery I've installed previously so it must have been in the livery package.

Edit:

The ini file isn't in my texture.AS folder but then none of my texture folders have a copy of the ini file. Possibly the OC livery installer does not make a copy in the texture folder any more. You may still have it in the AA livery from a previous installation.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Kevin,

"I just tried downloading that livery and the file N612AS.INI was installed correctly. The file is located in the folder

FSX\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Aircraft

It's not a livery I've installed previously so it must have been in the livery package."

I do not see N612AS.INI in the Aircraft folder.

Edit :

I have a PMDG_J41.ini file here: F:\FSX\PMDG folder (I was looking for ini's and found this one.

And, I do also now see the ini file here as you pointed out: F:\FSX\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Aircraft

I did a complete uninstall / deleting leftovers (FSX) prior to installing the 1D update per post in main forum.

So no liveries from a previous PMDG version.

Thinking back .. the PMDG737NGX for P3D version came with update 1D, correct? so all fresh stuff there.

"The ini file isn't in my texture.AS folder but then none of my texture folders have a copy of the ini file."

ok. that is what I need.

I think the ini files are aircraft specific per the repaint video.

The other day I used the OC to install  into FSX and P3D:

American -800 WL and it has N807NN.ini

Janet -600 and it has N869HH.ini

Alaska -700 WL and its ini is missing.

Best Regards,

You don't need an ini file in the texture folder to make a repaint. The video tutorial you are following probably predates SP1D. You should make a new ini file for your repaint but it needs to be located in the Aircraft folder for the NGX.

I can't explain why N612AS.INI isn't there in your installation, or why you have a copy of PMDG_J41.INI file in that folder (it should be two folders up in FSX\PMDG). However since I did get the INI file that proves it is included in the livery download. The problem would appear to be within your installation. If you go to Aircraft Specific Settings in the OC, what comes up in the window when you select this livery?

There were two versions of SP1D. The second iteration came out later, after PMDG dropped the SP update designations. Make sure you have the latest version installed. The OC should confirm this as 1.10.6461.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Kevin,

I edited my previous post .. I was initially looking in the wrong folder .. for ini file. Sorry about that. You were correct.

"You don't need an ini file in the texture folder to make a repaint. The video tutorial you are following probably predates SP1D."

Sound good to me .. I was just following the tutor ... just learning and I did not see the ini file per the tutor so I asked here .. thanks.

And, when I seen Janet and American had ini files in their texture folders e.g.:

F:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-600NGX\Texture.A51

F:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\Texture.AA

Ehy do thes repaints have ini files in their testure folders?

Naturally think Alaska sould have one there.

Just trying to follow the tutor.

I will get a screenshot of what I see in the Aircraft folder.

Kevin,

This is what I have in the Aircraft folder:

F:\FSX\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Aircraft

The backup aircraft config files.txt file says:
"These files are for use by the FMS if you need to "restore" to undo changes made to the configuration of a specific tailed airplane."

pmdgbackupini_zpsc85m5pvq.jpg
It took a couple minutes to get both uploaded and linked..

The Aircraft folder contents:
I think the OC put the ini file here when I installed it on 8-9-15.

Thanks a'lot for your help .. much appreciated.

Just need to know if all files are ok where they are .. or do I need to move or delete some?

pmdginis-ac-fldr_zpsolglfqlf.jpg

Best Regards,

Sorry, I didn't notice your edit. At least you have the ini file and it's in the right place. Why there are ini files in your AA and Janet texture folders I have no idea. I don't think it's anything to worry about, but that copy of the file doesn't do anything in the sim. As an experiment I tried moving the ini file from the aircraft folder to the texture folder. The NGX doesn't use that information, but will create a new INI file for the livery in the aircraft folder based on the PMDG livery options.

I'm sure the repaint video tutorial is still applicable, just bear in mind the different file locations.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Kevin,

"I'm sure the repaint video tutorial is still applicable, just bear in mind the different file locations."

Ok, will do.

"As an experiment I tried moving the ini file from the aircraft folder to the texture folder. The NGX doesn't use that information, but will create a new INI file for the livery in the aircraft folder based on the PMDG livery options."

I will just leave all this alone .. I do not want to break anything!

Thanks again.

Edit:

This is my Janet texture folder ..  had not uploaded and posted it earlier ... just for info here ...:

Janet_zpspoks7w3s.jpg

Best Regards,