Sign in to follow this  
clocki

GSX crashs P3D

Hey mates,

I recently bought GSX to use it within P3D 2.5 latest version.

But P3D crashes on start up without a special warning/notice/hint. Just the message cames up if I like to send the report and like to restart P3D. Before the installation of GSX it worked fine.

Anyone has an idea?

EDIT: I just removed GSX but P3D still crashes on start up. Only installed some payware sceneries and no other tools.

Greetings Eddi :smile:

have you tried to get through to someone at the GSX forums?  That would be a better start.

I noticed recently that there is a new installer out for GSX, which I think may still be in beta, but it has been recommended by the company owner to install it as it should take care of most issues people have with GSX.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I just installed it a couple of weeks ago with the normal installer and it works fine.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'll admit that I'm holding off on putting couatl on my P3D.  I have it on FSX but it just makes me nervous.  5 airports that all depend on that one thing and it stopped working on me once.  Got it working again...but I'd rather get airports without that dependency.  Just sayin'.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I already removed GSX and the relative FSDT folder within P3D. But no effect. I've also disabled the new installed FlyTampa Copenhagen+Dubai scenery to be save. No result.

Don't think it's GSX in special, maybe a DLL causing that? I installed GSX then done 1 flight and after a restart I had it not active anymore on any airport. So I thought reinstall would be useful.

AppName: prepar3d.exe      AppVer: 2.5.12946.0     AppStamp:555f2e54
ModName: ntdll.dll      ModVer: 6.1.7601.18933      ModStamp:55a69e20
fDebug: 0       Offset: 00022312

I had a similar situation after installing EZCA but then a new version of FSUIPC seemed to fix the crashs.

The error you have probably doesn't have anything to do with GSX as you pointed out. I think there are some links here at Avsim that point to that faulting module and what's causing it to crash.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I just searched through avsim but mostly they point to a reinstall or a general windows problem or FSX problem. But Windows+FSX+other programs are working fine. It seems to only affect P3D.

:(