Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Mitsuya� Hamaguchi where are you?

I am trying to contact Mitsuya Hamaguchi the author of a freeware plane that I want upload textures for but this person seems to have vanished. If anyone knows how to contact Mitsuya Hamaguchi please let me know so I can ask permission to upload these textures.

Thanks,

paul

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Why do you need permission to upload textures you made?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

From Flightsim.com upload instructions:

"Unless the original developer has specifically given up all rights to his work by declaring it public domain he still owns the work and all rights to it. You cannot use or modify any such item without following the original designer's terms. Some designers include usage terms in the release documentation, but more often than not these terms are unclear so to be safe it would be strongly advised to directly contact the original author before releasing any modified works."

And from the readme:

"COPYRIGHT AND DISTRIBUTION

This FSX HONDA_JET is released as FREEWARE.

Copyright hama . All rights reserved."

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

That means you can't reupload his jet

Doesn't mean you can't upload your own repaints

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I know but it's a bit sketchy. I am always cautious about others work and try to be fair but in this case I might just upload them.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I know but it's a bit sketchy. I am always cautious about others work and try to be fair but in this case I might just upload them.

Just make sure you give proper recognition to the aicraft developer and also wouldn't hurt to

mention in your README file that you tried every way to contact him for permission. 

I would think that should cover the bases.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

There is no evidence that he has created any commerce with the add-on since 2007, if then ($ sales). I have searched constantly for any updates and find none anywhere.  So if he had perfected any claim back then he would have at least twice missed meeting requirements for renewal.  And if I recall from the his first release a year to two prior to that, he used someone else's business jet model as the "engine" so to speak and replaced the textures with his own. So the underlying model is not a unique work of his.

I would also leave any Honda trademark names or logos in exactly the same place as he had them.

Here is a link to a page on another site where in 2013 someone uploaded some of his work. Note in the comment that the work was from several years earlier.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?82195-Mitsubishi-Pajero-by-Mitsuya-Hamaguchi

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere