Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

New beta released

10.40b8 has been released. No release notes and I haven't had a chance to test it yet. Just a heads up.

NAX669.png

Turner,

You can't annoy me today. It's 94 degrees and my A\C is out and I just got called for jury duty! I've messed with it a little bit. The problem the autopilot not following the flight plan has been fixed so I can fly my big iron again. It seems like my frame rates are down a little but it's still ok.

NAX669.png

It's 94 degrees and my A\C is out and I just got called for jury duty! I've messed with it a little bit. The problem the autopilot not following the flight plan has been fixed so I can fly my big iron again. It seems like my frame rates are down a little but it's still ok.

Except for the A/C and jury duty, I agree.  Everything's good again.  My FRs seem to be as good or better than before.  For instance, my 777 pulling out of JFK is hitting on 59-60!

John

John Wingold

New beta did not work out well for me. I now get a message that I need to have my DVD #1 in the drive (which I do) in order to run X-plane. I also have the USB key, but neither method is working. When I click ok after the message, it just brings me back to the desktop.

I filled a bug with Laminar, I'm grounded until A fix.

Rob

Rob, did you try to go back to the last stable release? I believe it was 10.36.

NAX669.png

I use the USB and haven't had a problem.  As Mike suggested, you might go back to 10.36 and then back to B8.  Something most not have loaded right.

John

John Wingold

I did go back to 10.36 and is working again! 

I'm on windows 10, so there may be an issue with it or it may just me my computer.

I may try the update again in a few day, I'm just happy its working again.

Thanks for the response Mike.

Rob

update:  I tried the latest beta again, I get the same DVD error msg. Went back to 10.36 again and it works, Then I remembered, I had just made a backup of 10.40 b7 2 days ago, so I copied that back to my main drive an now I'm back to 10.40 B7.  I will stay here until the final release of 10.40. I don't want to gamble any more on these beta's

Rob

I'm on Windows 10 too.  No problems here.  I'm glad you were able to get B7.  Bet you missed those extended DSLs.  B8 fixed my FSC in my 777, but my 757 does not like betas.  Says so when you start it, but doesn't seem to cause any problems...

John

John Wingold

Turner,

You can't annoy me today. It's 94 degrees and my A\C is out and I just got called for jury duty! I've messed with it a little bit. The problem the autopilot not following the flight plan has been fixed so I can fly my big iron again. It seems like my frame rates are down a little but it's still ok.

lol... well, I sure hope your A/C gets going again quickly!

lol... well, I sure hope your A/C gets going again quickly!

Thank you. Actually the repairman just left. Along with a bunch of my money! Maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance to fly this latest beta.

NAX669.png

I had the same problem as Comanche on my Wndows 7 Ultimate after updating to beta 8.

So I filed a bug. After sending Ben my log.txt and some other information concerning my ip-status he delivered a special x-plane-...exe file. Then my x-plane 10.40b8 launched and seemed to work. I still have to do some testing