Sign in to follow this  
yyzflier

Emirates launches longest non-stop flight

Emirates to launch world's longest non-stop flight, using 777-200LR to connect Dubai and Panama City. It will clock in at 17 hours, 35 mins. going westbound. 

www.boeingblogs.com/randy/archives/2015/08/worlds_longest_flight.html

Impressive, but I don't think I'd want to be in the air that long. Before QF7/8, 14 hours from SF to Auckland (with another 3 hour hop to Brisbane) was long enough!

Never one to be outdone, eh?

That's the paradox of the 77L: it's an amazing feat that the dang thing can stay aloft for so long and travel so far but do first or business travelers (we know the answer for folks stuck in steerage) even want to be up in the air for 15, 16, 17+ hours? Yuck... get me down!

I LOVE flying. Really, I do. The amount of money I've spent to rent planes and get my certificates (fun fact: the FAA does not license anyone - if you don't believe me, take a gander at your your plastic) and endorsements is a testament to that. I'll sit in the back of a plane for hours and enjoy just about every moment of it. Turbulence? Yep. Watch the landscape simply slide by? Sure.

17.5 hours, though? Only if I'm up front!

Kyle Rodgers