Sign in to follow this  
flymia

Can't install the MD11

Hello forum,

I just bought the PMDG MD11 on the shop from PMDG.com. Now when I try to install the product, the wizard shows up with the following message for about 2 seconds. 

a4ec5be70a.png

Then the windows closes itself and nothing more happens...

I can see a process in the task manager, which is running idle. I tried some things:

• Run the setup as administrator
  • compatibillity mode
  • wait for 30 min to show up something

Nothing helps.

Please help me if you got a solution for the problem.

Information: I want to install the MD11 for FSX. No special versions like FSX:SE or something...

Have you tried to log a ticket on the PMDG Support page?  As for FSX versions, I have read, through this forum, that you can install the MD-11 in FSX:SE (just as an FYI).  Have you tried installing other aircraft?  When you say you want to install the aircraft in FSX, what version of FSX do you own, do you have FSX up to date (SP1, SP2)?  if you provide a little more info about your sim, it may be easier to get help here as well.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Have you tried to log a ticket on the PMDG Support page?  As for FSX versions, I have read, through this forum, that you can install the MD-11 in FSX:SE (just as an FYI).  Have you tried installing other aircraft?  When you say you want to install the aircraft in FSX, what version of FSX do you own, do you have FSX up to date (SP1, SP2)?  if you provide a little more info about your sim, it may be easier to get help here as well.

-Jim

FSX SP2, Yes i tried to contact PMDG now. I will try to get an answer there.

Other installers work for me.

Can anyone help me, My pmdg md 11 wouldn't work with keyboard. The yoke wouldn't turn or go up and down but the exterior shows that the aileron was moving. Please help 

Can anyone help me, My pmdg md 11 wouldn't work with keyboard. The yoke wouldn't turn or go up and down but the exterior shows that the aileron was moving. Please help 

Don't attempt to hijack this thread. You have already posted this subject yesterday at 11:21 am.

I don't advise using compatiblity mode for these cases.Sometimes they can make things worse.

You have not mentioned which OS this is,or what AV (antivirus) you are using. For Windows 7, uncheck compatibilty mode for FSX and for the installer too.

There should be a log in the event viewer of the OS which might give some clue here.

It could be something as simple as a missing dependency (visual studio 2005 or 2008) or even your anti-virus blocking the install.

Disable your AV while you're insatalling the MD-11, and see if this fixes it.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020