Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Carenado EMB505 PHENOM 300 Released

What and your shocked by that... its Carenado bro, move on, my hangar is full of broken dreams, learn from the past.

Oh yes I finally learn from the past!

Flight Level Change is the same mess as in the Hawker :fool:

Bruno

Bruno 

Sorry, I fail to see the difference or why I should buy this if I already have the 100.  Speaking of which, mine is slowly growing dust on it.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Oh yes I finally learn from the past!

Flight Level Change is the same mess as in the Hawker :fool:

Bruno

I have FLC working in Hawker - as mentioned by me before I had one of my throttle saitek handles assigned to trim and that was messing it up - deleted that assignment all good now - also turn on FLC alert that may be part of the reason as explained in one of fsmania hawker videos on youtube

Rich Sennett

Didn't anyone get this yet? Looking for frame rates here.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

You do?  I'm pretty sure it doesn't work correctly 100% of the time.  

FLC set to 250 kias should climb at a rate, and when you pull power the nose should drop.  If you change the selected speed the nose should drop (for increase in speed) or pitch up (for decrease in speed) - none of this works on my Hawker.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

..... FLC and VS......Autopilot climbs........ happy true the selectet Altitude...... once again..... what a pitty :Shame On You:

I really hope for Carenado that the problem is on my side. But history tells a other story!

Bruno

Bruno 

Are frame rates a big secret? No matter what forum I look at and even on their facebook page everyone is talking about procedures and no one is talking about frame rates. It would seem that this would be a big concern to some potential buyers, such as myself.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I never managed to get the Hawker working correctly. I just wonder if, like Flight1, Carenado had a 30-day return policy...

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I never managed to get the Hawker working correctly. I just wonder if, like Flight1, Carenado had a 30-day return policy...

I think they do.  I have gotten several refunds from them in the past.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Didn't anyone get this yet? Looking for frame rates here.

I purchased it immediately thanks to the OP.  FPS are subjective.  Depends on the system, the scenery and location.  My Intel 4770K w/780GTX video card got 17-25 fps in the VC sitting on R/W 34L, KSEA.  On the exterior view, it went up to 40-60 fps until I turned the position so that KSEA buildings could be seen and then it fell to 23 -30 fps.  I use Taxi2Gate KSEA, MSE v2 Photoscenery, Autogen normal.  Most scenery sliders max (well, the same settings as in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide).  This was all in FSX.  In P3D it was about the same but the fps seemed to be a bit higher. I used KSEA as this area seems to be the most frame rate unfriendly area in the world.

I am not a reviewer of aircraft and have absolutely no idea about modelling.  The sounds are nice.  The exteriors look nice:

2015-8-14_11-11-55-582.png

I may try a flight from KLAX to KSFO over photoscenery to check out the G1000's flight plan capabilities and see if I see any glitches there. 

I'm sure someone will have You Tube videos on line soon.  I hope AVSIM Reviewers review this product but that's not my decision.

Hope you are doing well and we all get to see one another again. Think it's been 2 years since Kansas??

Hi Jeff,

It was a pleasure meeting you in Kansas and glad to see you are still enjoying this hobby.  I hope we can meet again some day soon.  Ted Striker was at our table too and I keep in touch with him too.  Thanks again for bringing this product to the attention of our membership!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim.  This thread was getting cobwebs.  There was supposed to be a surprise.  Have any idea what it is?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks for the frame rates. Do you have the Duke turbine? If you do how would you compare the two for frame rates?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks Jim.  This thread was getting cobwebs.  There was supposed to be a surprise.  Have any idea what it is?

I have no idea Gregg.  There's a voice that says something like "Terrain System Test Okay".  There's a Prodigy Flight Deck that you click to open/close the G1000.  Apologize as I'm no expert on what these things are suppose to do in real life.

Thanks for the frame rates. Do you have the Duke turbine? If you do how would you compare the two for frame rates?

Of course I have the Duke Turbine.  Doesn't everyone??  :smile:  The Duke definitely has higher fps.  The VC views were about the same but the exterior views were 10-20 fps higher depending on the view (whether looking at KSEA or looking away from KSEA as in the above image).   In both cases, the fps seemed very fluid.  I saw no stuttering or one digit frames which using the Phenom 300.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks again Jim. I think you are correct, everyone does seem to have the duke. I am looking for a nice small jet to compliment the Duke and this Phenom is very tempting.

The outside frame rate difference might be the 4096 textures for the Phenom vs the 2048 textures for the Duke. If I get it I might just reduce those outside textures and see what happens.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hi Gregg,

From Carenado's Facebook page:

"In the next days we will release an upgrade which will add real navigation features such as an updatable AIRAC (Navigraph) and VNAV.

Base pack price: $39.95

Navigraph extension pack: $4.95 (for the first 10 days)"

Hope this helps. We'll have to see how the upgraded 1000 unit really is when it is available of course. 

Best, Jeff