Sign in to follow this  
Interlocation

CaptainSim 737-200 and Add-Ons (-100, -200ADV, Combi and Freighter) Fixes

I have recently purchased the CaptainSim 737-200 pack and all of its add-ons and have noticed that in every model, the Artificial Horizon and Airspeed indicator do not work until about a minute after leaving the ground. I have read that it happens to everyone with CaptainSim but have also read about mods that fix the problem. I have been unable to find these mods and wonder if anyone would like to send me a link or file to the mod so as to fix the airplane.

Best Regards,

Andrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I run it on FSX-SE and Win 7 and have never had a problem with it. Sorry that doesn't help you much with solving the problem but just FYI - it's definitely not everyone :smile:

I own the 707, 727 and 737 and all work fine. Are you following the standard procedures? I could imagine that the Gyros need a bit of time to get aligned, or that the electric panel is wrongly set.

Peter

I run it on FSX-SE and Win 7 and have never had a problem with it. Sorry that doesn't help you much with solving the problem but just FYI - it's definitely not everyone :smile:

I have read many reviews that have stated that the gauges have an "explosive start-up", mainly this one: http://www.avsim.com/topic/456317-battle-of-the-boeings-milviz-737-00-vs-captain-sim-737-200/  They did say where the mods were found, but they didn't seem to fix my problem. Thanks for your responses though! I got results a lot faster here than any other forums page. Thank you!

well, I have been directed to a file by fsxpaul and I am going to try it out. It's most likely the correct one. Thanks, anyway! This is probably going to be an inactive thread in a couple of minutes

Good luck. It's a wonderful add-on and you should be having tons of fun with it instead of having to fiddle around.... :smile:

I have recently purchased the CaptainSim 737-200 pack and all of its add-ons and have noticed that in every model, the Artificial Horizon and Airspeed indicator do not work until about a minute after leaving the ground. I have read that it happens to everyone with CaptainSim but have also read about mods that fix the problem. I have been unable to find these mods and wonder if anyone would like to send me a link or file to the mod so as to fix the airplane.

Best Regards,

Andrew

Curious, did you get this fixed?  I am having the same problem...the AH and AI don't work until I am airborne.

Picked it up in their sale, nice plane but this is an annoying problem.

Thanks!

Well, as a follow up, it seems Captain Sim support is as bad as others say... I've tried to get a solution to this problem, but they are just passing me off.  Now telling me it's a Windows 10 problem and tough luck.

Does Windows 10 really break all their airplanes?  Seems they have some troubled waters ahead if so.

Disappointing.

Hi Be77solo,

I think it's a problem with the APU. I posted a reply to your post on the CS forum.

Best,

Peter

• Upvote 1

Hi Be77solo,

I think it's a problem with the APU. I posted a reply to your post on the CS forum.

Best,

Peter

Thanks Peter!

You were exactly right, it was a power problem, probably of my own creation... thanks for the help in the other thread and bringing it to my attention over here!  I was just so confused because it would start working when I was airborne, so wasn't sure what I was doing wrong.

Finally got a functional CS 737 airborne with your help ha :dance:

Fun bird!  Thanks again for the help.

Allen

Sign in to follow this