Sign in to follow this  
BorkPilot

P3D Scenery not found.

Hello!

I recently got P3D pro, and I can say that I've had some problems with it. (I understand that this problem is within the scenery, not P3D)

I found several threads that were two years old, though I did not find an solution to this problem.

For the 6th time now I have installed an Aerosoft payware scenery named "Bergen X". Every time I install it, it seems like it takes very little time to install, I just click next, next and then finish. I make sure to select P3D V2.X each time. I have installed it for FSX before, and I have never had a problem with it until now. When I launch my P3D after installing the scenery, I get an error message saying: "SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (aerosoft\BergenX\SCENERY) in scenery Area.125 not found. Click OK to continue." Then it loads up normally. 

After trying to install the scenery 4 to 5 times I tried uninstalling the scenery for both FSX and P3D, starting off with FSX. It was uninstalled without any problems, though when I tried to uninstall the P3D version, it told me that it was already uninstalled, or that the uninstall.cfg could not be found. The Bergen X for FSX was gone from my Aerosoft launcher, though the P3D scenery was still there. I tried installing the scenery for the last time before looking for help, and the exact same thing happend, though now it was changed from Area.125 to Area.126. 

I have Skiathos X installed for both FSX and P3D running without a single problem. I also have the Airbus A320/21, so my other Aerosoft products are running just fine.

I am sorry for adressing my life story, but I just wanted to make sure I didn't leave anything behind.

Thanks for answers!  :smile:

I would open the scenery.cfg file and find Area.125 and look at the path defined for the scenery.  I've seen it have the path incorrect on certain scenery.  Just input the correct path to the scenery

IE:

F:\P3D\Aerosoft\BergenX\Scenery

Sean Green

I would open the scenery.cfg file and find Area.125 and look at the path defined for the scenery.  I've seen it have the path incorrect on certain scenery.  Just input the correct path to the scenery

IE:

F:\P3D\Aerosoft\BergenX\Scenery

I neither have a scenery.cfg file, nor any Area.XXX files. If I go into my Prepar3D folder, I have a folder called "aerosoft". The aerosoft folder has an Airbus A320/21 folder, and a Skiathos X folder, though it does not have a Bergen X folder. The only Bergen X related file in the folder is an "uninstall Bergen X" read me file. 

The launcher tells me I'm downloading 1.02

I neither have a scenery.cfg file, nor any Area.XXX files.

You need to go to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v2\

Inside that folder you will find the scenery.cfg

Sean Green

Also, a good idea is to download/install a Scenery Editor program, you will love it. Why? It will give you a lot of possibilities to add/edit (and a lot more) sceneries without starting the FS. I use it to set up multiple scenery.cfg:s so I can choose what add-ons will be activated (depending on where I fly), to avoid slow loading, VAS problems and a lot of other things. There are several Scenery Editors but I use this one because it´s easy and even a Swede in Spain can understand/use it.  :dance: 

YES it works for p3D, just set up the right path.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

Jack

the Swede in Spain