Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Amazing,Free online flight planner! It exports plans in many formats inc PMDG.RTE

An amazing online flight planner,it'll even export in PMDG .RTE plus many others including Aerosoft Airbus files, does fuel calculations,programs SIDS and STARS too all for FREE

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Neither do MJC Q400 format.  :Tounge:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

• Hi there, I just used the 

that works very well, as z06z33 wrote. it's a very nice flight planner. I made a plan from LPPT-LFPO. I see that the route does not go straight from arpt to artp. I compared with "Routefinder which is exactly the same. Now my question is;  why does the route go far around on both plans?  I thought to save fuel it should go straight.  Do dispatchers in the real world do plans like that?  Maybe because of some kind of constrains?  Can someone shed some light here?

Thanks in advance.

johngoncalves

Thanks for the Link (s), I did not see that it can suggest SID and STAR, did I miss something ?

One free solution for SID STAR is FS Commander. (the free trial version works 20-30 min and won't export) I like that FSC shows them on screen as route- easy to see and choose the one I want.

cheers

alf

A better solution for flight planning is to actually look at the real world charts.

DJ

A better solution for flight planning is to actually look at the real world charts.

DJ

Exactly

I use the charts in Navigraph Charts and manually plot my courses using Plan-G from the charts

Matthew Kane

• Hi there, I just used the 

http://onlineflightplanner.org/

that works very well, as z06z33 wrote. it's a very nice flight planner. I made a plan from LPPT-LFPO. I see that the route does not go straight from arpt to artp. I compared with "Routefinder which is exactly the same. Now my question is;  why does the route go far around on both plans?  I thought to save fuel it should go straight.  Do dispatchers in the real world do plans like that?  Maybe because of some kind of constrains?  Can someone shed some light here?

•  

• Thanks in advance.

johngoncalves

Just uncheck the SID and the STAR options and you should get a straighter route. SIDS/STARS are descriptions of routing that include waypoints as reference that are not overflied. To include those in the Flight Plan can take you miles off course.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

DJ

I'm far to lazy for that lol. I basicly just want to hop in the plane load a .Rte file in the FMC. Push back,start up and blast off. If I'm flying in the real world I'll take the time to plan a flight out but I'm not gonna take the time to do it in a sim.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I'm far to lazy for that lol. I basicly just want to hop in the plane load a .Rte file in the FMC. Push back,start up and blast off. If I'm flying in the real world I'll take the time to plan a flight out but I'm not gonna take the time to do it in a sim.

Just done a quick EGKK-LSGG route. No SIDs or STARs in the flight plan (nor departure or arrival runways, which the SIDs and STARSs depend on).

Just done a quick EGKK-LSGG route. No SIDs or STARs in the flight plan (nor departure or arrival runways, which the SIDs and STARSs depend on).

OFP is not aware of the current weather and active runways. That is up to the PIC. Then fly your own SID and STAR.

OFP is not aware of the current weather and active runways. That is up to the PIC. Then fly your own SID and STAR.

This is more based on the fact that the OP said the following:

does fuel calculations,programs SIDS and STARS too 

OFP DOES provide a SID and STAR. It just may not be an accurate data point based on the active runways, which are based on the local weather conditions none of which OFP has knowledge of.

So you're saying that the following plan (EGKK-LSGG)

ID Frequency Track Distance (nm) Coordinates Name/Remarks

EGKK - 0 0 N51°08'53.00" W000°11'25.00" LONDON GATWICK

BOGNA - 184 27 N50°42'07.00" W000°15'06.00" BOGNA

BENBO - 145 18 N50°27'05.00" E000°00'37.00" BENBO

HAWKE - 145 6 N50°22'27.00" E000°05'25.00" HAWKE

XAMAB - 145 12 N50°12'16.00" E000°15'53.00" XAMAB

VEULE - 145 25 N49°51'24.00" E000°37'12.00" VEULE

INPAX - 140 35 N49°24'29.00" E001°10'47.00" INPAX

RESMI - 141 64 N48°34'07.00" E002°11'31.00" RESMI

ODEBU - 134 24 N48°16'52.00" E002°37'34.00" ODEBU

OGULO - 155 4 N48°13'06.00" E002°40'09.00" OGULO

LUSAR - 131 138 N46°40'08.00" E005°10'46.00" LUSAR

LSGG

Would be read as "find a BOGNA SID and LUSAR STAR"?

Sure it would but it might not be the SID and STAR for the active runway. What runway is BOGNA for? What runway is LUSAR for?