Sign in to follow this  
Avantime

Feeding FSX location to iPad's Location services?

Hello all,

Does anyone know of any way to feed FSX's location data to iOS's GPS/location services, perhaps via a jailbreak Cydia tweak?

I noticed that with some Cydia apps (e.g. PMP) you can fake your location to anywhere in the world, and I'm just wondering if someone has tried this to fool the real world EFBs (like Air Navigation Pro/JeppFD/OzRunways etc.) into accepting FSX location data. AFAIK FSXFlight is only compatible with Foreflight and FSXMapperHD feed FSX data into its own custom mapping app.

There are a few that do this. However, I haven't had any luck making them work with JeppFD or any of other other apps except ForeFlight. I did try and contact the developer but never received a response. You can find the plugin here (freeware) and as a pre-requisite, you are required to have FSUIPC installed.

There's a hardware alternative which apparently does the job for all apps that request a location check of the device, haven't tried it myself though. You can find more information about it here.

If you do find something useful something in specific that works with JeppFD, then please do let me know.

Good luck!

Fltplan go works wonderfully with iPad / fsx. Not quite as feature packed as foreflight, but it is free and awesome for simming

Fltplan go works wonderfully with iPad / fsx. Not quite as feature packed as foreflight, but it is free and awesome for simming

Interesting. It isn't available in the UK App Store so I can't check it out. Does it allow you to input a route and then allow flight tracking via the plugins I mentioned in my earlier post? Most of these apps seem to be U.S. specific although I don't see much point in having this and then switching to JeppFD for charts. I wish there was an all-in-one solution. So far JeppFD does everything I need except real time flight tracking.

I use Air Navigation Pro both when flying IRL and on FSX. You can download a plug-in that then uses bonjour to communicate with the fsx. Works flawlessly!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------