Sign in to follow this  
Altima211

Anyone used the public release of Spad.Next ?

Hi!

Anyone used the payware version of Spad.Next ?

Is this software can be consider sufficiently mature to make a buy, considered a reallyt unfavorable currency exchange ?

In the Spad.Next forum I read that some further improvement will be charge, even if the release version is below 1.0. This make me alittle bit afraid, but I am really interested by thé products if it will be better than Linda.

Note : to be used with Win 10, FSX, P3D v2.5, Radio panel, Multi panel, Switch panel, Quadrant and Trim.

Thanks.

Michel

Have you tried the free version at http://fstools.weebly.com/

I'm not using Windows 10, but I do have all of the hardware you mentioned, plus a second radio panel, and it works great on Windows 7.

It's worth a try,

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I had a go at it, this week, but so far I'm not too keen on what I've seen. Dont expect to get anything like SPAD, the only thing it has in common with SPAD, is that it replaces the Saitek drivers, but it's a completely different program. And it's not a user-friendly program like SPAD was. In my opinion, this program is created for programmers and not for simple users, like myself.

On Simmarket it says:"By registering SPAD.neXt you become eligible for lifetime updates of SPAD.neXt. However, in future some modules might be released as add-ons with additional fees."

So after purchase of the program, you never need to buy anything, unless you want to add addons.

Cheers!

Maarten

Seems way over complicated - I'll pass - current version of Spad works fine as is

Rich Sennett

OK, Thanks.

So, adding new modules adds new fees. It is not a simple question of new options in the software.

Yes I tried Spad and I have also Linda. I am just curious to know the new advantage into Spad.Next, like for exemple, simplification of assigning process and integration of software abilities. I have also VRInsight stuff.

So, I hope to find a software like Linda with some more improvement regarding assignation without putting stresses on the FSUIPC and simconnect info transfer. I had some problems in the last if I use Spad, Linda and VRinsght at a same time. So I have the obligation to not use VRInsight software and that means some reprogrammation of thé Linda profile, etc...

Michel

Sorry for reediting. Some automatic correction applied ans its a mess.

Hi!

Anyone used the payware version of Spad.Next ?

Is this software can be consider sufficiently mature to make a buy, considered a reallyt unfavorable currency exchange ?

In the Spad.Next forum I read that some further improvement will be charge, even if the release version is below 1.0. This make me alittle bit afraid, but I am really interested by thé products if it will be better than Linda.

Note : to be used with Win 10, FSX, P3D v2.5, Radio panel, Multi panel, Switch panel, Quadrant and Trim.

Thanks.

Michel

I registered the program last week and the more I use it (mostly on my A2A aircraft; the only aircraft I really fly anymore.) the stranger things get.  Frankly, I'm about to give up using my switch panel for anything other than operating landing gear. Thought I had things setup pretty well on the 172 and 182 until I took the 182 out for spin and lost all my avionics.  That sure woke me up!

The more I watch videos or read tutorials on this thing the more confused I get and I've been around flight sims longer than most simmers have been alive!  Go figure. ;)

Bill Alderson

Pass on this... I'll stay with my freebie version of SPAD which works just fine.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

So, I hope to find a software like Linda with some more improvement regarding assignation without putting stresses on the FSUIPC and simconnect info transfer. I had some problems in the last if I use Spad, Linda and VRinsght at a same time. So I have the obligation to not use VRInsight software and that means some reprogrammation of thé Linda profile, etc...

It's nothing like LINDA. There are VC functions that need just one assignment and you enter 1 for on and 0 for off (values are given with the offset), simple enough and so far it isnt more difficult than LINDA. Bút... Other functions are divided into, i believe 8 different offsets, from which an X amount needs to be used for different offsets, depending on the way you want the VC function to respond to the controller.

Options seem endless, but it's very complex and you need quite some knowledge of how the programming of those functions works.

Cheers!

Maarten

I've had nothing but problems with SPAD and my A2A Comanche and Cherokee, it's never worked properly since I spent my hard earned cash! 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I've had nothing but problems with SPAD and my A2A Comanche and Cherokee, it's never worked properly since I spent my hard earned cash! 

The free version SPAD or SPAD.neXt or the paid version of SPAD.neXt?

Thanks..

Ernest Pergrem

The free version SPAD or SPAD.neXt or the paid version of SPAD.neXt?

Thanks..

All of em Ernest! I had the free version and couldn't get it working properly with the A2A Comanche, so decided to get the paid version after reading that many bugs had been mended. Now it's just as bad, so have virtually given up. It was made even worse as I threw in the towel after not being able to make head nor tale of the blessed thing. It is simply unnecessarily overcomplicated for the average user.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Too complicated for me. I reverted back to the free version.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

All of em Ernest!

Thanks..

I don't have either aircraft you mentioned, but was able to use SPAD with the A2A Cessna 172.   I recall some small issues, but no longer have the 172 installed and can't remember what they were.  :smile:

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks..

I don't have either aircraft you mentioned, but was able to use SPAD with the A2A Cessna 172.   I recall some small issues, but no longer have the 172 installed and can't remember what they were.  :smile:

Sure, it works for me with the A2A 172 also. I think it probably shares the similar code as the default aircraft (only guessing) I have found LINDA to excel with all my aircraft, and only got SPAD so I could use the Saitek panels. I need to now find a way of using the Saitek radios with some drivers other than SPAD or the Saitek drivers which I understand are also problematical. Anyone with a suggestion?

Howard