Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Any really good Cirrus SR 22T ?

I am looking for a good Cirrus SR22 or SR22T and see there are two on the market as payware.  Anybody have these and are they any good.  I really want something that is as close as possible to the real thing in terms of the systems as well as how it flies.  thanks!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Our is the only one with an actual animated CAPS system and has the original Avidyne instrumentation.

We've recently made them into dual installers for both FSX/P3DV2 and added F1 GTN and Mindstar GNS options for licensed F1 or Mindstar owners.

Almost forgot, actual Turbo Sounds are included as well as Turbo performance.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Our is the only one with an actual animated CAPS system and has the original Avidyne instrumentation.

We've recently made them into dual installers for both FSX/P3DV2 and added F1 GTN and Mindstar GNS options for licensed F1 or Mindstar owners.

Almost forgot, actual Turbo Sounds are included as well as Turbo performance.

Any plans to upgrade to the Garmin Perspective?

I own the GTN750, so does that fit in to the VC ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Actually yes on the "Perspective" Version. In fact it is in the development hanger gathering dust due to Corporate priorities.

We do have dual GTN 650s implemented in 2D and 3D.

We've not attempted the 750 at this time but you did light a candle.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Be nice to get a review of this aircraft.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Be nice to get a review of this aircraft.

They never did get to the Turbo SR22 but they did get to the non Turbo version right here at Avism. Note: at the time we supported RXP but all that changed over time and is no longer the case. Dual F1 GTN 650s or Mindstar Dual 430s are the case now for our SR20, SR22, and SR22Turbo.

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0306/SR22/SR22.htm

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I have the Eaglesoft latest version and I believe one of the configurations includes the GTN 750. If I remember correctly I had to edit the panel config file to make it work though (had a blank screen otherwise). It does work very nicely as I have combined the GTN 750 and the autopilot on a dedicated 12" touch screen, so the immersion is perfect with the GTN 750.

I also have the Carenado SR 22 and I personally do prefer the Eaglesoft version with the Avidyne over the G1000. In my mind the design (ease of use) of the Avidyne is cleaner.

At one point in time I had the Flight1 Avidyne Student simulator (which comes without a 3D model) integrated with the 3D model from Eaglesoft. From a functionality perspective it was really good with the detailed moving map and additional features. The challenge I had was the relatively low update rate of the Avidyne, which is fine, but created a repetitive stutter on the main external view. Note that I have a relatively high end machine but use a total of 4 screens (1 for external, 2 for PFD and MFD, and 1 for GTN + autopilot).

When I recently finished building my SR22 cockpit, and with the GTN 750, I decided to keep the standard Eaglesoft version (and typically have the MFD on the engine page). One nice small feature of the Eaglesoft model is that you can assign physical buttons and knobs to their virtual counterparts (using mouse macros in FSUIPC). This was important to me as I recreated the dashboard and electrical panel in my cockpit.

Have fun,

Thierry

(using mouse macros in FSUIPC)

Can you use mouse macros in P3D?  I am moving...slowly...to that sim.  Still keep my FSX up and running for the folks that haven't ported their airplanes yet.  Much rather use LUA these days but it is what it is.  I was also looking at the Columbia (great safety record) and it has a prop control.  I, honestly, know very little about either airplane.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Yes you can use mouse macros in P3D. I recently moved completely to P3D, so that's what I am currently using.

Thierry

Thanks for the reminder Thierry as I've not flown the 22 Turbo since forever. Too much on the plate at times.
Spoke to Jim at F1 ages ago about solving our license/slowdown issue with their Avidynes in our aircraft but never got that accomplished.
Perhaps we can address that soon... :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I picked the Eaglesoft airplane up for my wife, actually, today.  She's been wanting to monkey around with the sim so...well, why not?  I spent some time tuning it to my controls and it's quite fun to fly...very much in depth, which is what I expected coming from Eaglesoft.  Everything is there and works including the checklists...(though, I haven't figured out how to tell what the trim is set to yet).  Flies great.  The plane looks better than the screenshots on their website, I think.  Also, nice surprise, it automatically put in my GTN 750 in P3D.  I guess it's the Mindstar in FSX.  Nice knock around the pattern plane with great visibility.

Gregg Seipp

It picks up the Dual GTN 650s if you have them whether FSX or P3DV2. Glad you like her..Have you had a go at the CAPs system yet? If not zoom out, throttle to idle and pull the handle... :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

It picks up the Dual GTN 650s if you have them whether FSX or P3DV2. Glad you like her..Have you had a go at the CAPs system yet? If not zoom out, throttle to idle and pull the handle... :wink:

Let's just say I wish she'd done that on her first flight... :Doh:I really like the Avidyne.  While you're here, wanna tell me where to find what the trim is set to?  

Gregg Seipp

The popup AP has markings  if I remember correctly. Look at the Cockpit Layout manual to verify.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The popup AP has markings if I remember correctly. Look at the cockpit Layout manual to verify.

Ah...ok, I see that.

Gregg Seipp