Sign in to follow this  
leci

DX10 Fixer in low resolution

Even with the update to DX10 Fixer vers. 2.9 my FSX starts with in low resolution of 1280x800x32, no AA and Bilinear.

When I change the resolution to i.e. 1650x1050x32 with AA + Bilinear the FSX stopps after some time with a severe problem!

Sometimes sooner sometimes later.

I have not set up the DX10 Fixer settings - it's all standard.

System I7-3770K, 8GB 1600 RAM, Nvidia 650 Ti, C Drive: SSD 250GB,FSX on SSD 500 GB, Windows 7 Home

Any suggestions?

Leci

Even with the update to DX10 Fixer vers. 2.9 my FSX starts with in low resolution of 1280x800x32, no AA and Bilinear.

When I change the resolution to i.e. 1650x1050x32 with AA + Bilinear the FSX stopps after some time with a severe problem!

Sometimes sooner sometimes later.

I have not set up the DX10 Fixer settings - it's all standard.

System I7-3770K, 8GB 1600 RAM, Nvidia 650 Ti, C Drive: SSD 250GB,FSX on SSD 500 GB, Windows 7 Home

Any suggestions?

Leci

So you installed DX10 Fixer but didn't do anything to it?  For starters, did you have a look through the manual?  It explains quite a lot and if memory serves, it works in conjunction with nVidia Inspector (free btw).

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I would suggest first uninstalling the fixer libraries and running in default dx10 preview as I doubt the fixer is involved with either of your issues, but let's test.

The resolution is written by fsx to your fsx.cfg so run fsx, change the resolution and exit. Then run again and see if the resolution is ok, if not edit your fsx.cfg before and after to see what is happening.

For the crash, check your video card is seated ok, and the power is ok. Is there a windows error report? There is a crash to desktop forum at avsim where people can help you track the cause of the crash.

If you download the dx10 how to guide from nzfsim it describes some of the known dlls that can cause issues. But the dx10sf installer should have checked most of them for you.

I have used the time to follow your recommendations.

a) First I deinstalled and reinstalled the DX 10 Fixer. No success! Still low resolution.

b) I read the DX 10 Fixer Manual carefully and set the DX Controller to your/my request. No success. Low Resolution. It's lots to read and needs to be improved! Who wants to read hundred pages.

c) As mentioned in your reply- maybe the problem is not related to DX 10 Fixer. So I decided to delete all, all Nvidia drivers, Nvidia Inspector etc.Then I started the system in low resolution. 

Everything run stable and so I installed the Nvidia graphic card driver which came with my Gigaboard disk. And ...I had success. The FS X runs now always in high resolution. What a relief. 

Thank you all.