Sign in to follow this  
ddswh1pk0s

Real World Airline Configs

Gday gents,

I recently reinstalled the 777 since I switched to windows 10, and was wondering if anyone had some real world airline settings that they got from real world pilots etc.

Real world panel states would be appreciated as well

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Some liveries in the OC have proper settings that come with them. Pay attention to the blocknote icons, they indicate whether the liveries are configured with the companies' setting.

When you install these liveries and load the aircraft in fsx, it will be properly configured to reflect the real comp)anies's setting.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Real world panel states would be appreciated as well

The Long state is pretty close to what you're going to find worldwide, apart from 77Ls, where cold and dark is also normal.

Kyle Rodgers

I switched to windows 10, and was wondering if anyone had some real world airline settings
What does one have to do with the other?

What does one have to do with the other?

Could mean all their old settings were wiped in a reinstall of the OS?

There are realistic configs in some repaints available at avsim. Christian Mohr is one of the best repainters out there. All the PMDG official repaints with the check boxes that say airline config have real configs. Sometimes a few things are not correct with any airline config, you start with either and go looking online at cockpit pictures to verify. Months ago I purchased an Aerologic bluray and found some settings from PMDG were not correct, I sent a support ticket I do not know if they changed it. But it was minor you wouldn't really notice if track or heading was on the ND. I have OCD for realism though and enjoy getting it right -David Lee

Could mean all their old settings were wiped in a reinstall of the OS?

There are realistic configs in some repaints available at avsim. Christian Mohr is one of the best repainters out there. All the PMDG official repaints with the check boxes that say airline config have real configs. Sometimes a few things are not correct with any airline config, you start with either and go looking online at cockpit pictures to verify. Months ago I purchased an Aerologic bluray and found some settings from PMDG were not correct, I sent a support ticket I do not know if they changed it. But it was minor you wouldn't really notice if track or heading was on the ND. I have OCD for realism though and enjoy getting it right -David Lee

As far as I know, all 777s are different, even the ones owned and operated by the same airline. I visited the cockpits of A6-EBY,ECT and EGM  and many more and noticed that they had different configs even the ones that were delivered in the same year. Qatar though uses the same config across all their 77W and 77L fleet. It would be nice though to have more options to change the VC in the 777. Only option there is now in the VC is the clock and ISFD, that's it.

The blue carpet is unrealistic. Only the early 772 used them. I have yet to see a 77W or 77L with blue carpets.  American don't even have carpets on their 77W. The overhead panel is quite different too. 

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

The blue carpet is unrealistic. Only the early 772 used them. I have yet to see a 77W or 77L with blue carpets. American don't even have carpets on their 77W. The overhead panel is quite different too.

Really, that's signficant why?

Dan Downs KCRP

Really? Why is that?

Meant to say 777Fs (the ICAO for which is still 77L - I just forgot to reference the F, specifically). Cargo carriers have more down time for the planes. Overnight, they'll get fully powered down.

Kyle Rodgers

As far as I know, all 777s are different, even the ones owned and operated by the same airline. I visited the cockpits of A6-EBY,ECT and EGM  and many more and noticed that they had different configs even the ones that were delivered in the same year. Qatar though uses the same config across all their 77W and 77L fleet. It would be nice though to have more options to change the VC in the 777. Only option there is now in the VC is the clock and ISFD, that's it.

The blue carpet is unrealistic. Only the early 772 used them. I have yet to see a 77W or 77L with blue carpets.  American don't even have carpets on their 77W. The overhead panel is quite different too. 

If all are purchased from the factory, like Aerologic, or Lufthansa Cargo, around the same timeframe, they are almost always identical.  All LH Cargo have a digital clock for example and the same layouts. Qatar, Emirates and other pax variants are different because they buy batches at a time or even from other carriers or leasing companies. But the Qatar and Emirates freighters all have the same settings. - David Lee

As far as I know, all 777s are different, even the ones owned and operated by the same airline. I visited the cockpits of A6-EBY,ECT and EGM  and many more and noticed that they had different configs even the ones that were delivered in the same year

Not quite,

The visible differences in the cockpit between -EBY -ECT - EGM are as follows:

-EBY

Bendix Weather Radar

ADF fitted

No NPS (Navigation Performance Scales)

No Smoking and Seat belt selectors

-ECT

Rockwell Collins WXR-2100 Multiscan (Most common B777 weather radar and also what PMDG chose to model).

ADF Fitted

NPS enabled

No Smoking and Seat Belt selectors

- EGM

No ADF

NPS enabled

Seat belt selector only

------

The -EB* series was the first -300ER batch at EK, the -EC* series was the second batch of deliveries and after gaining operational experience and with a shift in missions being flown by the fleet and new routes being opened, EK began changing some of the standard equipment for new deliveries.

In any case, I have  found the PMDG 777-200LR/300ER cockpit and the standard equipment they chose to model to be closest to the EK configuration. 

Not quite,

The visible differences in the cockpit between -EBY -ECT - EGM are as follows:

-EBY

Bendix Weather Radar

ADF fitted

No NPS (Navigation Performance Scales)

No Smoking and Seat belt selectors

-ECT

Rockwell Collins WXR-2100 Multiscan (Most common B777 weather radar and also what PMDG chose to model).

ADF Fitted

NPS enabled

No Smoking and Seat Belt selectors

- EGM

No ADF

NPS enabled

Seat belt selector only

------

The -EB* series was the first -300ER batch at EK, the -EC* series was the second batch of deliveries and after gaining operational experience and with a shift in missions being flown by the fleet and new routes being opened, EK began changing some of the standard equipment for new deliveries.

In any case, I have  found the PMDG 777-200LR/300ER cockpit and the standard equipment they chose to model to be closest to the EK configuration. 

ECT has selector for seat belt signs only and EGM has built in class 2 EFB. ECT also has a class 2 EFB installed. The rest is correct. Thanks.

Yusuf Keyre

All 777s are not different. As for VC options you can change the no smoking switch too. What other options do you want?

As for the colour of the carpet that's up to the customer. They can take Boeing's standard offering or order something else from the list of options.

ki9cAAb.jpg

All 777s are not different. As for VC options you can change the no smoking switch too. What other options do you want?

As for the colour of the carpet that's up to the customer. They can take Boeing's standard offering or order something else from the list of options.

I have a bit of OCD for the 777. Never mind. I'm happy the way it is now. 

And by different I meant cockpit differences to address the OP on his question about airline configs.

Yusuf Keyre