Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Temporary AVSIM Service Outage

AVSIM forum and library services were affected this morning by a temporary service outage resulting from a slight hiccup with the server operating system.  The site was unavailable for approximately 3 hrs.  The issue was rectified and the site is now functional.

As we are finishing up our server infrastructure upgrades and system updates in the coming weeks, we will continue to keep a close eye on how the services are running.  If we expect any outages, it will be posted prominently on the AVSIM.com website.

Alternatively, to stay up to date on any future outages, please visit our Facebook Page.  We will post updates there if we are unable to communicate through the website.

AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers.  Our IT volunteer has been spending many of his personal days off at the Ashburn, VA datacenter where AVSIM's servers are caged. As always, we appreciate your support and understanding as we work to make AVSIM's free services better.  

This post has been promoted to an article

Edited by Chase Kreznor
Ashburn, VA

Glad to have Avsim up and running again - I missed my morning "fix" here!!

Thanks to all for the hard work they do to keep this site up and running smoothly.

Lyn

Sure it's not Ashburn?

:BigGrin:   -- Ya, about that... Thanks, updated.  Apparently my Macbook thinks Ashburn is incorrect--autocorrect at its finest.

Since the latest rebuild, i find myself landing on the front page, when I am looking for the forums..

Has something changed?

What is the best way of going directly to the forms and seeing the boxed items that I have participated in etc?

Bert

Bert, this is the link I use to bring me straight to the forums:

http://www.avsim.com/index

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I was previously using forums.avsim.net 

Thanks. 

Will keep trying, some of the time the avsim.com/index link gets me to the forums, sometimes to the front page..

Bert

It's a bit of an oddity, that's for sure...

The only difference in the actual URL is that

http://avsim.com/index.php is the URL for the Front Page

whereas

http://avsim.com/index is the URL for the main Forums Page.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Chase.... GREAT WORK!!!  The site is working, well, incredibly.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thank you, Dave.  I am but the coordinator; our most sincere thanks goes to Brian for his dedication in getting us where we need to be with his IT background.

No longer goes to the forums and lets you see the topics you have participated in, and I can't seem to get the Quote or Selective Quote to work, trying to quote Bert's issues above.....That was a nice feature, hope it returns!

No longer goes to the forums and lets you see the topics you have participated in, and I can't seem to get the Quote or Selective Quote to work, trying to quote Bert's issues above.....That was a nice feature, hope it returns!

Quote works just fine..?  Also, www.avsim.com goes to the front page, which is normal behavior for most websites.  The new link direct to the forum is www.avsim.com/index

Great stuff Chase, nice to be back up and motoring again

Also a big thumbs up to all the volunteers who dedicate there time to Avsim

Sorry, but when I hit Quote under your post all I get is a blank box to type in? Maybe it's my system but it use to work! Odd!

Thanks - Martin

Sorry, but when I hit Quote under your post all I get is a blank box to type in? Maybe it's my system but it use to work! Odd!

Thanks - Martin

Works for me ok