Sign in to follow this  
Owen0104

FSX HANGING / CRASH (SIM_OBJECTS)

Hi

Would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction, Having a number of problems with FSX hanging for around 20 mins or so and at some points Crashing to desk top. The last was yesterday 2hrs  in to a flight although I'm unable to recall the exact error message it did contain SIM_OBJECTS.

I know there is a way to find out the exact details so if anyone could point me in the right direction to obtain this as I've completely forgotten who to do it that would be great or any info on the SIM_OBJECTS issues would be just as good, I'm currently using windows 10, and Nvidia GTX770 4MB card

Thanks Owen Lee

Owen,

Try the AVSIM CTD Guide. The setup guide will likely be helpful as well, but the CTD guide will help to narrow things down.  It's located on the top right of the main AVSIM page.

Hope this is helpful!!!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Well, temporarily it can be downloaded from the following topic as our links are not working yet - http://www.avsim.com/topic/473269-avsim-crash-to-desktop-ctd-guide/

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi

Thanks for the reply guy's but I'm still having the same problem. I've managed to get the details from when it Crashed this morning so anymore help would be grateful.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC000014B): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.RequestDataOnSimObjectType(Enum RequestID, Enum DefineID, UInt32 dwRadiusMeters, SIMCONNECT_SIMOBJECT_TYPE type)
   at bo.v()
   at by.g(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thanks Owen 

Thanks for the reply guy's but I'm still having the same problem. I've managed to get the details from when it Crashed this morning so anymore help would be grateful.

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides probable fixes for this error:  HRESULT: 0Xc000014B.  I'm guessing it is a program that uses simconnect such as ASN.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the reply Jim.

I've gone through the CDT guide and completed a step which  allowing FSX to be shared , unfortunately it appears  that  the Microsoft repair tool is not compatible with Windows 10 at the moment.

So I'm back to where I started.

Thanks Owen  

There is no solution to your problem (but really there is a solution).  It's just that it is not simple to diagnose and repair or fix this problem.  It is not the fault of Windows 10.  Windows 10 runs applications and modules just like Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.  Your problem is centered around SimConnect -

HRESULT: 0xc000014B error – Mostly occurs in networked computers. This is a Microsoft.net error. The 0xc000014B is a "broken pipe" exception.  A pipe is a communication channel between two applications (such as FSX/P3D and an add-on program like ASN or OPUS, or network).  SimConnect offers add-ons the possibility to use pipes to communication with FSX.  A "broken pipe" is a situation where one of the pipes no longer exists, while the other tries to communicate using the pipe.  A typical scenario would be fsx crashing and then ASN or OPUS tried to use the pipe (communications channel) and the “pipe” was broken.  The 014B exception would then occur.  Check your network setup or an application that uses SimConnect and troubleshoot. 

I don't want you to follow the steps for sharing or to use the Microsoft Repair Tool.  That's not what was recommended in the Probable Cause section for HRESULT as shown above.  That's like closing your eyes real tight and throwing a dart and hoping it hits the target.  I wish there were simple solutions to this problem.  I know of none.  Microsoft.net threw this error on purpose to report COM (communication) methods are not working right - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9ztbc5s1%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

What do you have installed that would use SimConnect?  ASN?  FSPassengers? FSInn?  There are many programs.  SimConnect needs Microsoft Visual C++2005 w/SP1 to work properly (Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 is installed with FSX).  I'm just saying this as you most likely have it installed but you might have accidentally uninstalled it thinking it's not needed with Windows 10.  

You need to go back to the default configuration of FSX to investigate your issue.  How do you do this?  First, move your FSX.cfg to a temporary folder.  Move the scenery.cfg to a temporary folder.  Restart FSX and the FSX.cfg and Scenery.cfg will be rebuilt.  You can change the settings to FSX.cfg in the Settings page to whatever you like but do NOT edit the fsx.cfg and put in a tweak.  There should be an entry in the dll.xml file for loading a simconnect module for your simconnect app.  ASN uses 'as_connect' so we are not going to move the dll.xml or exe.xml files to a temporary directory as the simconnect entry must be loaded.  Now run the flight and see if this fixes the problem.  If not, you are going to have to uninstall and reinstall whatever application you have that uses SimConnect.  So, if you use ASN, uninstall/reinstall it and make sure you do this with Administrative Privileges (right click the setup program and select Run as Administrator).

Make sure User Access Controls are disabled - http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-uac-in-windows-10/

When you start up FSX, make sure you are starting FSX with Administrative Privileges.  Do this by going to the main FSX folder, right click on FSX.exe and select Properties.  Under the Compatibility Tab, look all the way to the bottom and make sure Run as Administrator is checked.  Make sure there are no other checkmarks enabled under the Compatibility tab.

Let's see how this all works.  If no more crashes, then move the FSX.cfg and Scenery.cfg back to their respective folders.  Go fly.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM