Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Nvidia Inspector

I seem to be having a problem with Nvidia Inspector. In short, it is not allowing me to save any changes. I can change options, but when I apply the changes, leave, and then come back....those changes have not been saved. Has anyone else experienced this? I have never had a problem like this in the past with Nvidia Inspector, so I am baffled as to why it is doing it.... :blink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have the latest drivers from Nvidia and made changes yesterday and hit Apply Changes and the changes are still there.  I just changed the settings again to make sure and NI is working for me.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

What ARE the latest NVidia Inspector drivers?

Stan

355.60 released on the 13th.  The latest Nvidia Inspector app is 1.9.7.3. - http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:NVIDIA_Inspector

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

I let Nvidia install my drivers using GeForce Experience. I have found that my NI setting don't appear to get changed using this method.

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Jim,

I let Nvidia install my drivers using GeForce Experience. I have found that my NI setting don't appear to get changed using this method. 

Billy Bluestar

Me too, works fine  :smile:

I seem to be having a problem with Nvidia Inspector. In short, it is not allowing me to save any changes. I can change options, but when I apply the changes, leave, and then come back....those changes have not been saved. Has anyone else experienced this? I have never had a problem like this in the past with Nvidia Inspector, so I am baffled as to why it is doing it.... :blink:

Same problem here.  Changed the frame rate limiter from 30 fps to off.  Then applied the changes.  Closed NI and opened it again.  Back to 30 fps.  

Teddy

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own1_378x68.jpg ftx_supporter_avsim.gif

I am also finding strange things with Win 10 and NI, seems FSX just ignores settings..although NI does not loose them... I am sure it is to do with the Win DWM..

Thanks

I am also finding strange things with Win 10 and NI, seems FSX just ignores settings..although NI does not loose them... I am sure it is to do with the Win DWM..

Thanks

In my case, its Win7

Teddy

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own1_378x68.jpg ftx_supporter_avsim.gif

If we change or roll back a driver, we should also start a fresh profile, or the settings might not work.

What I do is use the NVidia GPU Control Panel, Manage 3D Settings, select FSX (or Prepar3D), press the "Restore" button and "Apply". Next I set "aniso mode 16x" and press "Apply", this is simply to help create a fresh NI profile. If we now go into NI there is a new FSX profile we can select and set our desired values. We can start this process by applying Restore to the Global Settings, if we want to create all new profiles. Usually it's best to start fresh with each version of driver or NI.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I notice that the CHANGE.txt file indicates that "Nvidia Inspector now requires all admin rights" (this was version 1.9.7.2 Beta and up). Could this be the source of the problem? I have tried "running as administrator", but that does not work either. Is there a Windows 7 setting I can temporarily change to gain full access?

EDIT: I have three "Undefined" settings at the bottom of the list. They are all set as "0x00000001 (Base Profile)". Are they supposed to be there?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If we change or roll back a driver, we should also start a fresh profile, or the settings might not work.What I do is use the NVidia GPU Control Panel, Manage 3D Settings, select FSX (or Prepar3D), press the "Restore" button and "Apply". Next I set "aniso mode 16x" and press "Apply", this is simply to help create a fresh NI profile. If we now go into NI there is a new FSX profile we can select and set our desired values. We can start this process by applying Restore to the Global Settings, if we want to create all new profiles. Usually it's best to start fresh with each version of driver or NI.

Thanks Steve,

I have tried many different approaches creating new profiles re installs of both NIN Nvidia drivers and finally FSX SE but alas no go just will not take them...the 1/2 synch in particular now seems broken...you can set this in NI then try unlimited which I never use always lock to 30 and FSX just ignores and tries to produce 120 fps...so it just does not seem to work.

Funny this I think started with Win 7 I noticed a issue then...I wonder if Nividia have been fiddling with the drivers...

Who knows...not sure if it is any better in P 3 d but if it the case I will get the version 3 when out...but the in the meantime.. I am parking the flight sim.

All the best

Mark

Hi Mark, yes certainly seems to be funny behaviour, does NI elevate privileges when you run it?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I seriously consider using **only** the Nvidia Control Panel for all settings, and give up using NI.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...