Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Nvidia Inspector

Hi Mark, yes certainly seems to be funny behaviour, does NI elevate privileges when you run it?

Hi Steve,

Not sure but I can set AA in the sim and all is fine...remove do a new NI profile set AA and FSX is full of jaggies!

The worse issue is the v synch panning is smooth them judder judder judder smooth.. And the more complex aircraft the worse it becomes..all locked at 30 in sim..

All my tests thus far have been with default aircraft and airports...in all the years I have had f s x or f s x SE I have never had this issue.. There does appear to be an issue with v synch wether MS or NVidia has tweaked I do not know..

The only way to stop the judder discovered by accident and trying anything is to run old FSX or SE in DX 10 preview all is smooth? Add in the fixer and back to judder..

Hence I have run out of ideas and patience....so walking away from it for a while...

All the best

Mark

My problem is that I can't set SGSS AA at all. That was never a problem before (on this PC), so I am baffled as to why it will not work now. All of the other settings are fine.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Do you mean you can't make the transparency SGSS AA setting stick or do you mean the setting does not make a visual difference. All working fine here, or at least I've not found anything broken. Maybe a driver and profile refresh will get it going.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I mean that I can't make the SGSS AA selection stick. If I click on "apply changes", leave Nvidia Inspector, and then load it again, the changes have not been made. In fact, I can't make changes to any of the settings.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I wrote about this problem months ago and received many responses. They just couldn't believe it wasn't working. Well, it doesn't and I gave up trying.

OK Chris, got you, sounds like permissions...when you run NI does it pop up the UAC dialog to elevate privileges?

can try "Run as Admin", but it doesn't necessarily produce required permissions, give it a go...

I have already tried that, Steve. It doesn't work.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Can try another user, create a new user, and NI should popup the UAC when you run it...

Strange NI works great for me with FSX SE. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Well, this is one for the Book of Mysteries. I tried it again this morning.....and it worked :unknw:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png