Sign in to follow this  

ReShade 1.0

Don't know if your aware but ReShade 1.0 is out with loads of different effects. To avoid confusion only 1 Framework version is available for download. The best effect by far, is the motion blur effect, but there are tons off effects,I mean loads, and a GUI interface to change the plethora of shaders that come with this release.. I was messing around and took this shot, emulating a dry summer foggy day at Karachi. To be honest a screenshot does not do this version new version justice..

Download @ http://reshade.me/

Prepar3D%202015-08-15%2021-26-23-96.png?

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

A gray - out sky and fog in the distance...looks like dry summer fog.

HLJAMES

How do you install this in FSX? The readme did not give me a clue... :blush:

I mean I don't see any difference selecting an effect..

RobdeVries.jpg

You dont install anything you go to the main reshade interface and locate the fsx.exe - then go to pipeline and click some stuff on - suggest starting with vibrance and go from there - thats it

Rich Sennett

this utility is breathing new life into my sim. Been messing around with the mediator tool for a while now,

the ambientlight shader under GemFX is a key to more realistic visuals in FSX, imho.

The amount of available shaders and single shader adjustments allow for infinite combinations with an unprecedented degree of customizations as far as image filtering.

With its original flat color palette and virtual absence of environment lighting, FSX benefits from this tool immensly.

Would love to post some screens, but I still haven't found a way to do it properly. I seem to be unable to use photobucket here on avsim.

Thanks Rich

Welcome - no problem

this utility is breathing new life into my sim.

Sounds interesting use tinypic.com - easy - I think its the 3rd line down you want to copy that text - and post in avsim - let us know what settings you are playing with as I have not played with gem yet - thanks

Rich Sennett

Hello Richard

Could you give a more accurate way how inserting it into the FSX, do not quite understand what you have written

Greetings

Lysse

Hello Richard
Could you give a more accurate way how inserting it into the FSX, do not quite understand what you have written

Greetings
Lysse

open the mediator application (provided you've extracted all necessary files needed to run the program in a folder you will have dutifully named "Reshade") and on the left hand there are self explanatory options, one of which, named 'Add', will ask you to navigate to the folder where the .exe resides for which you want Reshade to inject shaders.

Head to your FSX installation folder from there and pick fsx.exe, at which point use the correct radio bullet depending on which API you use to run the sim (DX9 or DX10), confirm, and you are set to go.

From the Pipeline tab select which effect you want to use, then go into the library where the chosen effect resides (CustomFX, GemFX, SweetFX and so on...) and tweak the individual settings from there.

I suggest you start with something easy and straightforward such as Tonemap from SweetFX, for the impact and tweaking of individual shaders can be overwhelming at first.

Word of advice, most of the sliders apply changes on a very sensitive basis, i.e. an integer point shift can mean a very drastic change in the sim's appearance.

Once you get the heck, it's a real drug.

The incredible advantage is that if you keep FSX windowed while fiddling with the mediator, you can see your changes applied instantly and experiment with shaders real-time.

EDIT: seems like I found a way to post from photobucket.

This is the only pic I've uploaded since using Reshade 1.0.

I will post more significant ones later.

the effect here is subtle, the way I like it to be. It reproduces a real life flight I took a couple weeks ago over the mediterranean along the western coast of Italy, heading south. Hot summer day with haze and low scattered clouds. The light was very bright at 36.000 feet on that early afternoon, between 1:30 and 2:00 pm.

fsx%202015-08-14%2004-06-33_zpse9wy5z1f.