Sign in to follow this  
Dutchbull79

Help needed for the library scenery

Hi all,

I've been using some different add-ons for FSX and have some difficulties with the correct order in the scenery library.

The add-ons I use are:

- ORBX (Global Base, Vector and Open LC) + regions Europe, North America, Australia + Oceania

- UTX (Europe + USA)

- FS Global 2010

- FS Global Ultimate Europe, Africa, The Americas and Global Oceania

- GEX 2

The order is now (FS Global and GEX2 not installed yet):

UTX Europe

UTX USA

FTX Australia

FTX New Zealand

FTX North America

ORBX!OPENLC_Europe (1-10)

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX!OPENLC_BASE

ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ

ORBX!VECTOR_APT
ORBX!VECTOR_CVX
ORBX!VECTOR_EXX

All the standard files (Addon Scenery, Propeller objects, ...)

1107 - 0000 Base

ORBX!_VECTOR_AEC

Default Scenery

When I start at the gate, all the runways, gates and taxiways are all in the grass. Also the environment (buildings, trees, roads, mountains and water) looks very poor. Can somebody advise me in which order the add-ons have to be set in the library? Maybe there are some add-ons I don't have to use at all, but I can't figure it out which one to install and which one (maybe) not and in what order in the library.

Big, Big thanks in advanced!

Cheers

Mmm, for a start, UTX products and FTX Vector do the sane job, and will clash, probably causing most of your problems. Disable all UTX in your scenery list and check again. Also, FTX Global Base and GEX do the same job, just install FTX Global Base.

Mmm, for a start, UTX products and FTX Vector do the sane job, and will clash, probably causing most of your problems. Disable all UTX in your scenery list and check again. Also, FTX Global Base and GEX do the same job, just install FTX Global Base.

Thanks for your reply Mithras!

In the FTX Global User Guide stated that UTX is fully compatible with UTX. GEX is not compatible at all, so won't install that.

So basically I need to install everything from FTX and can I install FS Global 2010 + Ultimate to cover the whole world, mesh, water, landclass etc.?

And in the library first FTX and then FS Global 2010 - Ultimate?

Cheers

Yes, I use FTX Global Base with all the UTX products.

UTX and Vector are all about roads, coastlines, railways, accurate placement of settlements etc. choose one, but Vector is global, so decision made there!

FTX Global Base and GEX are texture sets, choose one - again, I replaced all my GEX discs with FTX Global Base when it came out.

FS Global 2010 is mesh, isn't it? I have never messed with mesh at all, but I do beleive that a global mesh also comes with FTX Vector, though since I don't have that product, I cannot be sure - a mesh expert is needed here!

That is correct, FS Global 2010 is mesh. Never experienced how the add-ons worked 100%, because I don't know in which order I need to set in the library.

So you use FTX Global Base, no Vector or openLC? May I ask which products from UTX (Flight1) you are using?

I have UTX North America, Europe, Alaska and the Tropics (because I have invested lots of time and money 'kitting out' the Caribbean as a nice place to fly! I used to use GEX for my textures, but FTX Global Base textures are great and use elements of photoscenery to give you some wonderful urban and rural areas.

I did not purchase FTX Global Vector because it comes with a mesh, which is something I'm happy to avoid - I've had enough of fiddling airport elevations and so forth over the past couple of years and I don't want any more of that. Besides, the UTX products are very very good indeed and extremely customizable.    

Thanks for all your answers and support!

Will try UTX also and see what for me the best add-on is to use. Will try to figure it all out and will keep you informed about the progress.

First I need to set the library is correct order to have the best results. I uninstalled everything from UTX, but still have the grass on the gate and runways, so something is still wrong here.

Several unfortunately. I uninstalled all add-ons and re-installed it and now it's working fine (with the FSGX 2010). Now try to install the other add-ons also, one by one.

After installing some add-ons, I still think there are some things not in the right order in the scenery. Please advise what to change!

The order as it is now:

- FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

- FS Global Ultimate - Local Meshes

- FS Global Ultimate - Europe

- FS Global Ultimate - Africa

- ORBX!OPENLC_Europe 1-10

- ORBX!OPENLC_NAmerica1

- ORBX!OPENLC_BASE

- ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ

- ORBX!VECTOR_APT

- ORBX!VECTOR_CVX

- ORBX!VECTOR_EXX

- All Airport add-ons

- Basic scenery (Edwards, Berlin, Longleat etc.)

- Addon Scenery

- My Traffic

- Propeller Objects

- Global, Generic & Vehicle libraries

- Basic scenery (Las Vegas to Africa)

- Base 0000 - 1107

- ORBX!VECTOR_AEC

- Default Scenery

- Default Terrain

Thanks again!

Shouldnt all airport add ons be at the top, top priority?

Possibly My Traffic is your problem. I has grass on the apron and runways etc, contacted the scenery developer who advised me to cut some .bgl files out of the MyTraffic \Scenery folder and voila, everything was back to normal.

Just throwing it out there, might be worth disabling your My Traffic in your Scenery Library and testing to see if the problem goes away.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Shouldnt all airport add ons be at the top, top priority?

Yeah, I agree. All my addon airports sit on top of any photoscenery addons and vector addons like UTX or Vector.

Usually the order from the top down is

Addon airports

Photo scenery if used

Vector program like UTX or Vector

Mesh

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thank you all for the reply's!

I read here that all Mesh have to go to the top of the scenery, so after the LIBS, Base, OPENLC and Vector.

Only have 1 airport add-on installed at the moment, just to check if it is working. Will set the airport to the top and see what the difference will be. Update will follow.

The problem with the grass is solved after the fresh install, but the scenery overal doesn't look right to me. That's why I doubt about the scenery order. There are so many advice and all looks different (depends on the add-ons), so i'm just checking.

Thanks all!