Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

C208B EX HD just bought

Hello, I just bought this plane yesterday and it's very nice. But I have some questions and a couple of issues.

1) My MFD engine instruments do not look like shown on page 7 of the G1000 manual.

2) What does the inertial separator do?

3) Does the oxygen system work?

4) Issue; When I have the MFD in TOPO and Terrain mode it will flicker occasionally from the colorful TOPO screen to the blue/black screen. It can get annoying.

My system is an extremely powerful, brand new Jetline system, and I fly the NGX with full ORBX all the time and no problems. I was wondering if this is a known bug.

Other than that it is outstanding for STOL and bush flying which I am now using on FS Economy with a friend.

Thanks.

Jack

Jack Sawyer

Hi Jack,

I moved your topic to the correct forum.  If you ever want to move a topic, just hit the Report button at the bottom of every topic/post and ask us to move it for you.

Your OP indicates to me that you are making a support request.  Carenado developers and staff may visit here occasionally but do not respond to support requests as this is an unofficial forum.  If you want a quicker response, you might go to their site and submit a ticket.  Most developers have gotten away from providing support in forums because of piracy.  Individuals steal their products off the shelves and then come to AVSIM or another website and try to get support for the product they stole from the developer.  Of course, our members will occasionally respond to questions posted here if they have an answer or feel they can help.

In response to your inertial separator question, I found the something about this at the following link - https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100514095437AA3t87s

In response to your question about whether the oxygen system works, I suspect it is not simulated.  I know some other aircraft, like PMDG, has a simulation where you can test your oxygen system to see if it is performing properly before taking off.

There are many reviews of this product on the Internet.  I searched some and could not find an answer to your other questions.  Sometimes reviewers will bring up issues that need to be fixed.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim and thanks for moving it. I had no idea how to.

Piracy, yeah, I rmemember when i first got into computers in the early 80's, Commodore, Apple II, and an Atari 800. Lots of piracy back then. I hated it then and I hate it now.

That's just it, I did submit a ticket to them and it's been a long time since and no reply hence my coming here as I use the NGX forum a lot.

I did some research of the inertial separator, it's basically and anti-ice/rock/small animal deflector. Nice engineering.

I have discovered that the oxy isn't modeled nor is the ice removal system but that's okay, it's still a brilliant piece of work. Presently I am using it in FS Economy and making a ferry flight from Denmark to Alaska.

As for the MFD flickering I have discovered that it will do that occasionally if you have TOPO and Terrain on at the same time.

All in all this is a great plane, only have one other Carenado and it's the Skymaster, always liked the look of that thing and those engines, awesome.

Thanks again.

Jack

Jack Sawyer

In the Cardnado manual I cannot find anywhere that mentions what GG RPM is.

Does anyone know what GG RPM stands for?

Jack Sawyer

Jack

GG stands for Gas Generator, which is the High Pressure Spool or sometimes called the core.  It has the HP compressor, combustor and HP Turbine  (HP = horsepower).  It provides the high pressure air and temperature + combustion to power the low pressure or power turbine as those gases expand and transmit torque - much like a dam.  The LP (low pressure shaft goes  then goes thru a speed reduction gearbox and out to a shaft for the propeller.   

Here is a link to an engine cut away.  In the picture - Compressor Turbine = HP turbine, Centrifugal Compressor = HP compressor.

Power turbine = LP (low pressure turbine)

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pratt+and+whitney+pt6a+engine&view=detailv2&&id=4B590A4D827FACEE914DB16BDF941758DB8D1BA7&selectedIndex=9&ccid=wwHDYv59&simid=608016079654423462&thid=OIP.Mc301c362fe7da531705c1c45425f312do0&ajaxhist=0