Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Uiautomation.dll and Windows 10

Is this "tweak" still relevant in FSX-MS with all recent advancements in both hardware and software (DX10 Fixer, Win10)?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

See the AVSIM CTD Guide.  FSX is a very old program that has not been updated with the latest and greatest tech.  Some members need this module in their main FSX folder to stop menu freezes.  I have never had to use it and many others do not but some members find the module stops all of their crashes (except sometimes they'll submit an AppCrashView report after a CTD and it will show the uiautomationcore.dll located in their main FSX folder and it obviously did not stop the crash.  When I tell them to remove it, their freezes/crashes stop.  Go tell!).  IMHO, the latest systems (after Sandy Bridge) does not need this module but, if you suffer a crash or freeze while using the FSX Menu system, (usually right clicking in the VC mode and selecting an option at least 19 times will cause it although I have never been able to reproduce it), then place the appropriate version in your main FSX folder (see the AVSIM CTD Guide for the versions) and see if it stops the crashes or freezes.  Windows 10 (or 7 or 8.1) should have no bearing on this crash as FSX is a very old engine.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I also found a need for uiautomationcore.dll in my FSX Windows 8.1 install that was NOT related to menu crashes. A description of my symptoms and how I determined it was uiautomationcore.dll is here: https://uchisworld.wordpress.com/2015/05/24/exploring-a-dark-forest/

In my case, the default uiautomationcore.dll was causing crashes with the cockpit switches.

Thanks, interesting info. Won't delete my copy of the file just yet then.....

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Isn't it installed automatically with FSX-SE? 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Isn't it installed automatically with FSX-SE? 

by golly, I believe you are correct.

uiac.jpg

I have been experiencing problems running FSX on my recent upgrade to Windows 10. The resolution for now to one of my problems was related to this subject so thought it may help someone else in need or hopefully lead to a more permanent or less risky solution....? The below is a link to my post on the Microsoft community site....

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/fsx-crashing-on-windows-10-problems-resolved/7d80c890-5488-49ec-a6bb-e28e21b18f8b?auth=1

Regards.....

Hi everyone,

I transitioned to FSX from FS9 three days ago, everything was working fine and suddenly today I had a CTD every time I switched tasks (setting up vPilot or checking my flight plan, even opening the start menu caused it), I tried several things and nothing worked until I tried this particular fix which made my problem disappear, therefore I can report that in my case (laptop core i5, Haswell series) it was indeed needed under Win 10 Home (upgrade from preinstalled Win 8.1 Core).

Cheers,

Achilleas