Sign in to follow this  
Netwalker

iPad Use

Hey all,

I am after ideas for using the iPad to help in my sim experience.

What works or is just fluff...

Appreciate your input.

Cheers...

www.virtualavionics.com try this site if you have pmdg or i fly planes.

regards ted kiser

I used to use a screen sharing app that would make the computer think the iPad was another monitor so I could drag and drop panels onto it (e.g. FMC, ECAM, etc).  Since then several new apps have surfaced specifically tailored to Flight Sim.  I'm not confident my old way is the best, anymore.  

You should use the AVSIM Google Search to check out other topics regarding the iPad.  Here's a post by another AVSIM member that may interest you.  

Great iPad app for multi-screen setup

I'm using all the Remote Flight apps, which, though intended for FSX, seem to be working with P3DV2.5. The only glitch I can see at the moment is that the airspeed is different on the Cockpit HD app to that showing in the simulator VC. THe radio stack and map apps appear to work without a problem.

https://remoteflight.net/

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I based my home build cockpit on an iPad: running Remote Flight Cockpit for instruments, I use a second iPad as most pilots would on a mount, as a moving map/GPS using Remote Flight Map. My instrument iPad I can reconfigure for flying bizjets and airliners by running the app called Airtrack, which gives me a great MFD and PFD! 

I would love to be able to drag my Gtn 750 onto my Ipad Min,  that would be delicious