Sign in to follow this  
EngineRoom

Freeware Airport Recommendations

I've been browsing through the file library at the Org in the last few days and have picked up some really nice airports.

Can anyone recommend some good airports, or some authors who have good stuff?

So far I've been really impressed by the airports made by MisterX6, FoxThree, Xwind2406 and RikNilsson.

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

There are some nice photoreal US sceneries made by Glenn Johnson, the EDDF scenery made by Mark Aldridge is outstanding as well. And there's also a very detailed rendition of KPHL by SunSkyJetSceneries (only on their website).

There are some nice photoreal US sceneries made by Glenn Johnson, the EDDF scenery made by Mark Aldridge is outstanding as well. And there's also a very detailed rendition of KPHL by SunSkyJetSceneries (only on their website).

Heads up, this is a X-Plane topic. ;)

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Sorry, I was in the process of researching some freeware fsx airports myself, therefore it didn't cross my mind that there are other beautiful sims out there ;-)

Any of the ISDG scenery is superb . I run Sydney Kingsford Smith YSSL , with the recommended addons and its my sim home base airport for helicopter flying. The runway detail is phenomenonal as far as textures , repairs , line markings , lighting is concerned.

Guest JustanotherPilot

X-Plane Forum.

Apologies, accessed through main start page.

There is a really awesome scenery for Phoenix and the surrounding area, highly detailed and with the HD runway textures from I think Fly J Sim? It really is quite amazing! Autogate works with it too. 

Don't forget tdg! This guy has some amazing skills at putting together some beautiful looking scenery.

Along with everything mentioned, AXDG for Austrian scenery, World2Xplane (scenery/airports), and, not exactly free, or an airport, but G2XPL. You use it to build photosceneries for a 1x1 degree tile. Send the guy a donation (doesn't have to be huge, just a few $ at the minimum) and you get a copy. 

And may I suggest ... see my signature (especially the 2 first ones) :wink:.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...