Sign in to follow this  
tazz

Best Airbus for P3D?

From reading their boards they have no plans to make it compatible with P3D.

That's ridiculous.

Almost doesn't matter though. That plane will be out the same time the Level-D 757 comes out...

Well I read from them it will follow the fsx version it that was a long time ago, and yes it's beyond a joke 5 plus years...

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

How do you find the FBW implemented on the Aerosoft A320 / 21...

I didn't install it yet :-/, probably only next weekend, but I am eager to find out...

And the protection modes?  I remember the X Extended version performed in a rather weird ( non-Airbus fbw ) way in some circumstances, namely when forcing it into a stall...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hand flying imo is different to say the least having never flown a real one it's hard to say. Not for me to say.

In the sim.....

The good

It's nice how you set an angle up after take off and it sticks turns take a little more but if speed is steady all works well. Can be nice/ is nice.

The bad

I like hand flying an approach when on final and this is were I don't like it at all. The PMDG NG and probably with hundreds of hours feels perfect to me, very small adjustments, it's just does what you want, the "feel" is amazing. The Bus is like a brick, with my hotas warthog I have to "push" and "pull" as any deflect you set you need to counter again . I'm not even saying this is an aerosoft problem as I have no idear how the real one feels. It just might be because of the hours in the NG.

After 5 flights in the A319 and getting more use to it, then going back into the NG I was amazed how easy it was to control on final approach.

If this is just like the real bus then it sure has some nice sides to it when hand flying but final approach is different and needs you to counter yourself a lot. A brick is a little unkind but it's feels a lot heavy'er, it feels crude but and it is a but, you do get use to it and if I had the hours of the NG into flying only the A319 am sure I would think differently.

Am really looking forward to the FSL version as imo it will be like a PMDG and that's a totally different level.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I had the chance to fly a LevelD A319/20/21 sim for 1 hour. 

I asked the instructor for bad weather conditions, taking off from LPPT and landing at Madeira ( LPMA ) rw 05, with strong x-winds, near the operational limits.

I remember really having to play with that joystick - wasn't piece of cake!

By the time the closest I had found to such inputs in an airliner simulator was Aerowinx PS1. Now that I have Aerowinx PSX, I feel the same way, approaching a rw under adverse weather, and making any aircraft in FSX / P3D look really tame compared to it...

Since it's used by rw 744 drivers for training and proficiency, and a few of them have confirmed the highest quality and realism of it's flight dynamics modeling, I believe it's more close to real.

Using a stiff Warthog is also probably not the best option for an Airbus, although it can be adequate in terms of forces for a 744.... 

IRL I "only" fly gliders, and sometimes it's a hell of a ride, specially with turbulence... I can really find my stick, and rudder, everywhere around the available course... 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

To echo what your saying if I watch a cockpit vid of a real NG landing the movement is far more than anything I do.

You now have me thinking to change my settings for the Hotas to make it that I have to work it more.

I might have a look at the Aerowinx PS1 vids

PS1 is rather old now - check Aerowinx PSX instead, but not many videos available, I'm affraid...

Main Simulation Rig:

Guys,

I installed the Aerosoft Airbus A320/21 yesterday night. It's a very nice add-on!  I'm glad I bought it, even more taking the discount from my X Extended version...

Since I am in win 10 Pro a problem, already known to most of you probably, with the fonts installed by the airbus installer, messed up my EDGE, IE and other program fonts, which now have their text displayed using the Airbus added fonts.

If we delete the Aerosoft Airbus fonts, the Airbus will not work, of course, but there is already a fix for it suggested by an Aerosoft Airbus user in this post at the Aerosoft Support Forums

Main Simulation Rig:

Hand flying imo is different to say the least having never flown a real one it's hard to say. Not for me to say.

In the sim.....

The good

It's nice how you set an angle up after take off and it sticks turns take a little more but if speed is steady all works well. Can be nice/ is nice.

The bad

I like hand flying an approach when on final and this is were I don't like it at all. The PMDG NG and probably with hundreds of hours feels perfect to me, very small adjustments, it's just does what you want, the "feel" is amazing. The Bus is like a brick, with my hotas warthog I have to "push" and "pull" as any deflect you set you need to counter again . I'm not even saying this is an aerosoft problem as I have no idear how the real one feels. It just might be because of the hours in the NG.

After 5 flights in the A319 and getting more use to it, then going back into the NG I was amazed how easy it was to control on final approach.

If this is just like the real bus then it sure has some nice sides to it when hand flying but final approach is different and needs you to counter yourself a lot. A brick is a little unkind but it's feels a lot heavy'er, it feels crude but and it is a but, you do get use to it and if I had the hours of the NG into flying only the A319 am sure I would think differently.

Am really looking forward to the FSL version as imo it will be like a PMDG and that's a totally different level.

I hand fly approaches every time in the Aerosoft A320. It just responds differently than other aircraft because of the fly by wire programming. Notice when you change pitch or roll, you don't have to constantly adjust or trim it, it just stays where you place it. Real airbus pilots say it mimics the real aircraft .  

Guys,

I installed the Aerosoft Airbus A320/21 yesterday night. It's a very nice add-on!  I'm glad I bought it, even more taking the discount from my X Extended version...

Since I am in win 10 Pro a problem, already known to most of you probably, with the fonts installed by the airbus installer, messed up my EDGE, IE and other program fonts, which now have their text displayed using the Airbus added fonts.

If we delete the Aerosoft Airbus fonts, the Airbus will not work, of course, but there is already a fix for it suggested by an Aerosoft Airbus user in this post at the Aerosoft Support Forums

Microsoft rushed Edge out to make the Windows 10 release date. It is not finished yet, doesn't even have any extensions . Just another reason to stay away from Microsoft's crappy browsers like Internet Exploder and now Edge. Use Chrome, it works much better. Edge will be patched in the Patch that Windows 10 will get in September, but I still wouldn't use it if I had W10. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Keep an eye on NLS A380 sometime down the yellow brick road. Pretty lofty claims by the devs, and the only available screenshots look very good.

I hand fly approaches every time in the Aerosoft A320. It just responds differently than other aircraft because of the fly by wire programming. Notice when you change pitch or roll, you don't have to constantly adjust or trim it, it just stays where you place it. Real airbus pilots say it mimics the real aircraft .  

Microsoft rushed Edge out to make the Windows 10 release date. It is not finished yet, doesn't even have any extensions . Just another reason to stay away from Microsoft's crappy browsers like Internet Exploder and now Edge. Use Chrome, it works much better. Edge will be patched in the Patch that Windows 10 will get in September, but I still wouldn't use it if I had W10. 

Bob, it affects also Chrome, and many other applications non-MS related...

Aerosoft used a wrong definition for their Font sources, please check the thread and the post I linked above, and the correction one of the users offered, which solves the problem :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

I said I did not like it not that it was wrong. Its just different. When your use to Ng's.

Ive just taken out a huge amount of P3D null (dead zone) on stick so I think this will help the feel of the A319 a lot. The problem without useing a real boeing yoke or feeling how a Airbus stick feels its just personal guest work and taste. I wish I did know so I could try to replicate it.

I said I did not like it not that it was wrong. Its just different. When your use to Ng's.

Ive just taken out a huge amount of P3D null (dead zone) on stick so I think this will help the feel a lot. 

Yes, I have almost no dead zone at all, maybe like 5 at the most.    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2011/07/boeing_vs_airbus.html

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Interesting my hotas warthog is an amazing bit of kit but when i looked into P3D null zone was 65, 0 was great but I thought it might over do it so I went for 10. So its  Interesting what your say about none to 5.

I also turned down my sensitivity. 

Interesting my hotas warthog is an amazing bit of kit but when i looked into P3D null zone was 65, 0 was great but I thought it might over do it so I went for 10. So its  Interesting what your say about none to 5.

I also turned down my sensitivity. 

Hmmm, really don't know, because it has been a long time since I used a Cougar HOTAS a friend gave me... But I always set the null zone not higher than 5 in any control axis.

With the joystick I am now using, a T.16000, I have it set at 3, and 5 for the Saitek Combat Pro rudder pedals.

Here's a video of a stormy approach in an A320. Watch starting around 6:00 when the AP is disconnected :-)  That joystick really moves :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySvfrRbqKc8

Main Simulation Rig: