Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy RFR

Aerofoillabs Cessna 172 SP!

This thing looks amazing...  I'm a sucker for these sort of 'walk around and pretend you own it' sort of simulations.

http://www.airfoillabs.com/

The only thing that would make me pause is that it's a 172... and I have plenty of hours in the A2A 172, which this looks to be a decent attempt at competing with.  But still, I love the ability to free walk around the outside and remove tie downs, check fuel, oil, that sort of thing.

Edit:  I mean Airfoillabs on the title.... whoops!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Not an X-Plane user but that looks like a nice bird and another thing I have noticed is X-Plane addons are very reasonably priced 

Rich Sennett

Looks like something I might pick up as soon as I can find the time to enjoy it.

Hopefully there will be some reviews out soon.

Priced very nicely for all your getting. It seems to fly realistically. Might have to actually think about xplane.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

another thing I have noticed is X-Plane addons are very reasonably priced

Indeed.  I've found X-Plane to be very easy on the wallet. ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

It could be a big step towards A2A complexity and realism. Reading some of the listed features, looks like the designers committed to a deep technical accuracy for it!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Indeed.  I've found X-Plane to be very easy on the wallet. ^_^

You bet yah - going broke on this side of the fence

Rich Sennett

It could be a big step towards A2A complexity and realism.

On their website they note that they are planning an engine service panel for an update; I would say that once they have that implemented, it would seem to be on a similar level to A2A.  Of course, that depends on exactly how accurate everything is.

I'm a big fan of the A2A stuff - I appreciate their commitment to all of the tiny details that affect how an engine runs.  That said, I've never really enjoyed their service / hangar implementation.  It's too obvious, for lack of a better word - it's simply shows you whats broken, you click, and it's instantly fixed.  My gold standard for in-depth GA complexity is the DA20-100 Katana by Marcel Felde... it's never been bested, in my opinion.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Looking thru their forums, seems a few users are happy they purchased it.

I picked this up about an hour ago and spent most of that time walking around and opening doors and hatchs, removing cowls and checking oil. Wow, very cool plane!

I did take her up for a quick flight and it felt very nice. Stalls seemed very convincing and frame rate was super smooth.  The only issue I had, and maybe its just me, but after climbing down off the wing to check fuel levels, I got stuck between the open cabin door and the fuselage. I couldn't move and had to reload the plane. I'm sure its something I did.  Towing the plane around with the tow bar is awesome! Stupid little things like this put a big smile on my face!

'

All in all, it seems a highly polished product. 

Rob

I like their style; no big promo, no fuss, no dripfeed of screenshots, teasers and soundbites with nothing to show for it 5 years later, just "hey, new plane available if you want it, you know, no problem if you don't".

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I have to say the same, just Bam, out the blue. Was holding out for Carenados G1000, but now might divert my funds.

Not a fan of the Slowhawk but the addon looks very impressive!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |