Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy RFR

Aerofoillabs Cessna 172 SP!

So I jumped in on the hype and bought it. So far everything is as good as its made out to be in the video!
Only major downside for me is that its a GPU graphics hog... which means I can't run x-plane over my three screens like I usually do or my FPS takes a dive. This is the only aircraft I've really experienced that with.

Either way, it's beautiful to fly. Once that engine simulation is released... this is literally going to be A2A for X-Plane. Super stoked.

Very nice seeing the walkaround part even improving some more over the already great A2A. Looks very promising and seems like a first on the XP platform when it comes to the details.

Once that engine simulation is released

Does that mean that the model isn't implemented yet and comes as a free addition?

There is a tab on the side for engine maintenance, but when you click on it, it says coming soon, I assume it will be a free upgrade, once its ready. But I could be wrong.

I'm loving the plane, but 2 things it needs are: 1. More liveries, (I'm sure the freeware community will come through with this.)  There is only the one demo livery you see in the screen shots.  2. A 3d pilot model. I know a lot of older X-plane models did not have pilots, but it just looks strange especially on such a highly detailed plane like this. Carenado does this very well, even though it always the same 2 guys (lol).

Rob

Yeah, its fully functional, its just missing the engine management and engine damage side of things. As Comanche has said, it has a notice saying "coming soon, check for updates" or something like that. I'm almost certain that means it'll be a free update.

One thing I especially love about it is the custom camera g-force thing. The headshake addon by Simcoders is great and all but this is just next level. Love it. It makes such a massive difference to how it feels to fly; makes things feel so much more... alive.

How's it on the prop effects ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Unfortunately for me, it's really buggy on Mac OS X Yosemite. I think one of the plugins or popup windows causes FPS to drop to 2 and makes X-Plane unresponsive (It's not even possible to open the menu and quit). Hope they fix it soon, as I was really looking forward to trying this, and judging by the videos, it's a real contender for A2As

P.S. The videos are great, but I wish devs would do them without music and talk instead of wiggling the mouse.

Unfortunately for me, it's really buggy on Mac OS X Yosemite. I think one of the plugins or popup windows causes FPS to drop to 2 and makes X-Plane unresponsive (It's not even possible to open the menu and quit). Hope they fix it soon, as I was really looking forward to trying this, and judging by the videos, it's a real contender for A2As

P.S. The videos are great, but I wish devs would do them without music and talk instead of wiggling the mouse.

Well my FPS drops super low only when running three screens, so it may be GPU memory related like mine is. Check your GPU memory usage and report back. We might be able to relay this to the devs if its a common problem.

Check your GPU memory usage and report back. We might be able to relay this to the devs if its a common problem.

I can't actually get into any menus to check, but I've lowered my settings by starting from another plane, and there's no difference (it still hangs). I've already reported it on x-plane.org. It looks like others on Mac OS X have the same problem. 

I'm on windows 7 and I also had the 1-2 fps issue. I got back to the mid to high 20's by removing the two World Traffic plugins I had installed. Seems to be some conflict there

Saw a couple of twitch streams last night with this. One guy couldn't get the plane to stall, it just sort of mushed along in slow flight barely losing altitude. Everything else seemed to perform very close to the numbers though. Anybody that has purchased have any luck with stalls or spins?

Chris

Also interested in the  prop effects,,3d or flat?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Windshield rain?

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I purchased this plane with lot of hope .it just hangs up xplane for me.xcamera doesnt seem to work with it.its a stutter mess.all i get to hear is banging sound of the workshop

Am interested to buy this but the low fps and gpu hog reported by some members really put me off. Can anyone confirm this?

Am interested to buy this but the low fps and gpu hog reported by some members really put me off. Can anyone confirm this?

I see a few Mac users are having issues or I'm thinking maybe a plugin issue with a few, but I have it and zero issues running it. The Dev posted today they think they have a fix for the others and expect a patch Tues. I been flying it all day and I can't wait to see what else they add to it.