Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Is Flysimware's MU-2B-60 worth $42

Have seen some posts about this plane.  It looks just ugly enough to intrigue me.  Looks sort of like the volkswagen of the fsx skys.

Any thoughts or comments on this plane?

I think it's a great plane if you want to fly fast on short hops and have a love of vintage planes.

As to the price, it's less than a dinner and will last longer than a dinner.

tony

It's a great plane. Textures are not the best inside or out, but it has systems depth, good sounds, great flight model, gtn750 and Roland's radar integration, and hand flys very well. Its one of my favorites, it just never gets boring for me.

Guest JustanotherPilot

No, the VC textures are awfull, and look really 'cartoony' with the externals only slightly better. The handling is OK and the sound are it's better points. It's a shame, it has potential.

No, the VC textures are awfull

They aren't that bad! And there are replacements on their forum. But alas, the textures on this plane are its weakest point. For me, not even close to a deal breaker.

Have seen some posts about this plane.  It looks just ugly enough to intrigue me.  Looks sort of like the volkswagen of the fsx skys.

Any thoughts or comments on this plane?

If you want a believable high-performance aircraft with great systems simulation (well, the garret turbine lacks a bit) and you don't care about the perfect textures (are they really important for your flight experience?), the MU-2B is a very good choice. The price is absolutely reasonable for what you get.

Felix

I had the same initial concerns about the textures but they really aren't that bad.  The aircraft handles great and is good for short field approaches.  But if you are concerned about the price, keep a watch on the Flysimware website and look out for sales.  After purchasing this aircraft I purchased the Carenado Donier 228 and the 690B Turbo Commander.  Both are great aircraft with excellent textures inside and out.  But I still change back to the MU-2B-60 because it is a joy to fly.  Also regarding the other aircraft I mentioned, the Dornier is great for short field as well.  Not so much the 690B, at least not that I have found.  But I'm still working on it.  Just having trouble getting it to slow down.

It's not Carenado standard in terms of textures and modelling internally or externally, but it's systems are good and I agree with others who have said it is a joy to fly. But take the advice already given and wait for a sale - they happen with Flysimware fairly often!

Bill

1 hour ago, scianoir said:

It's not Carenado standard in terms of textures and modelling internally or externally, but it's systems are good

I wish they could collaborate. The MU-2B is a gem when it comes to engines and flight dynamics. Imagine this plane with Carenado textures, it would be irresistible. I like flying the MU-2B, and the textures are OK if you concentrate on the instrument panel. I just don't look around the interior.

Peter

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

I wish they could collaborate. The MU-2B is a gem when it comes to engines and flight dynamics. Imagine this plane with Carenado textures, it would be irresistible. I like flying the MU-2B, and the textures are OK if you concentrate on the instrument panel. I just don't look around the interior.

Peter

I also have Flysimware's Lear 35, Cessna 402 and 441 and they are all lovely aircraft to fly with good flight dynamics and systems replication but again fall a little short on the textures and they also would be just amazing with a touch of Carenado eye candy!

Bill

On 8.8.2017 at 2:00 PM, qqwertzde said:

Imagine this plane with Carenado textures, it would be irresistible.

And a VAS hog. No, thanks.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

45 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

And a VAS hog. No, thanks.

I'm on P3D v4 :cool:

Peter