Sign in to follow this  
RKillins

Expected RMI Flag

I am studying some preflight flows for the PMDG 737NGX. Several sources all make reference to checking the flight instrument indicators, including TCAS OFF and NO VSPD. But it also has one check for "Expected RMI Flag".

What am I looking for specifically here? Where would Iook?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think it's a reference to the yellow/red flags that appear to let you know the instruments are not yet functioning, they disappear once the aircraft config is correct.

If you google 737 RMI you'll see pictures of the flags.

Eugene

Thanks Eugene for the reply ...

So, would I expect to see these flags on Standby Radio Magnetic Indicator? During the preflight procedure, should one expect to see the flags or not to see the flags at this stage? If the flags were inappropriately visible at this stage, what missed steps would need to be performed to remove them? (I have flags, but if I shouldn't, clearly I or my FO missed something?)

Also, as we are on the topic of the the standby RMI, I have been having difficulty understanding the purpose of the VOR/ADF Bearing Pointer Switches. How are these supposed to be used? Under what conditions are these set, and how do I determine which switch(es) to throw for my flight? Are these set in the preflight phase, or only once the need for standby instruments is required?

Sorry for the rookie questions. Some of us aren't quite at the seasoned level yet.

Yep, on my iFly 737 they show as 2 vertical rectangular boxes, one for each side. Once the RMI gets a usable signal they disappear. Left side equates to the Captains VOR/ADF, right side the FO's, The push switches let you select either pilots VOR/ADF, so 2 VOR and 2 ADF frequencies can be selected at will, Captain, FO, or a combination of both.

Eugene

Sign in to follow this