Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Flap calls during approach

Bryan, just to be sure, do you confirm that in SOP 3 (and in the other SOPs as well) during approach you call for flaps 5, then straight to flaps 15, skipping the flaps 10 call?

Thank you.

James Goggi

According to the FCOM and the FCTM, the normal flaps call are 1, 5, 15 - gear down, then 30 or 40.

Flaps 10 may be used to increase the drag if required before extending the gear.

I do call for flaps 5 then gear down flaps 15 and only use flaps 10 for some approaches where I expect late speed reduction requested by ATC (controlling the speed on the glide with only flaps 5 is sometimes difficult depending on the weather conditions).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Thanks, Bryan and Romain.

I was asking because I found that maybe there is a small bug if I use flaps 10 (Bryan, you could check if you think it's the case, but at this point I think there's no need): if I call "FLAPS 10" during approach, the FO says "SPEED CHECK" but will never say "FLAPS 10". Only later on, when I call "GEAR DOWN FLAPS 15 LANDING CHECKLIST TO FLAPS", he says "SPEED CHECK..... FLAPS 10....GEAR DOWN etc.".  

James Goggi

SOP3 you don't call flaps 10

Its

Flaps 1

Flaps 5

GEAR DOWN FLAPS 15 LANDING CHECKLIST TO FLAPS

Flaps 30........or Flaps 25 then 40.

James don't call flaps 10 its not Ryanair SOP. 

SOP3 is nothing like SOP1 & 2.

In my sig there is a link to my SOP3 flows, might help? SOP3 is very much hands on, love it

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thank you David, never going to call for flaps 10  :wink:​ . Thank you also for your flow, very useful!

James Goggi

Your welcome James.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip