Sign in to follow this  
spilok

I've had it with Next Weather....moving on

Started to get some errors when starting FSX with NEXT since I migrated to Windows 10.    I'm moving on to FSreal WX PRO.  Seems like a good weather program and it was seamless from an install point.  I'll try it for a while, but so far I'm impressed.  Still using REX4 for Cloud textures.

Stan

So let me get this straight. You got some errors since changing to Win10 and your ready to abandon ASN?

Did you seek help from the dev? I don't see any posts on their forum at their site or in the ASN section here? Did you open a ticket on using their support portal?

Wouldn't you want to fix something you paid for than just dumping it since you had an error?

I never understand why people do this without seeking help from the developer and then just make a post like this saying they had an issue and are moving to something else. Hopefully you don't apply that same logic to other things like car problems and other consumer goods or it'll end up costing you a lot of money over time.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There's nothing better then ASN.

Diagnose the problem and fix it.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

ASN working beautifully, as always, in win 10 Pro 64 bit, upgraded from win7 / 8...  Prepar3d v2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

You should have a very good experience with FSreal WX Pro.  Three years ago I went the REX direction instead of ASN. Despite the weather inaccuracies I experienced with REX and then REX E+, the REX textures fit my needs and I did not feel I need to make a comprehensive switch. So instead I opted for FS Real Weather for my weather engine. It is not complicated and is highly accurate. I have a Windows 10 build and it works just as well there.

Not sure why Stan is having issues after his W10 migration, but I experienced a number of growing pains with my flight simulation activities and W10, at least some of which do not affect all users, so I do not feel the urge to bash or question Stan's decision. Over the past week I had to decide if I would stay with W10 or revert back to my Win7 clone.  I chose "flying" over "jumping through hoops". So if an issue with ASN Wx was affecting Stan's cockpit hours then I have to respect his decision. 

I am a former USAF meteorologist and in all respects accurate weather is important to me.  That and flying instead of hair-pulling!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Frustration with the errors got the best of me, and I did not seek out help from the developer.  I may do that, but tonight, I had a great flight from Miami to New Orleans in some pretty turbulent weather, and FSreal WX Pro did a great job with it.

Stan

Did a clean install of Win 10 Pro 64 bit, P3D 2.5 and all  associated software - I think it was in the neighborhood of 20 add-ons including ASNext.  Haven't any errors of any kind.  I am also using Rex Soft Clouds.  As with everything, each users mileage may vary.  I understand the frustrations.  My hot button is getting multi monitors exactly as I like them.....  

Jeff Callender

Did a re-install of AS Next, and all went well.  But when I started the sim, I got this message (which I never got before):

"No AS CONNECT LOG. AS Connect logging does not appear to be enabled".

It goes on, but I don't ever remember anything like this. 

How do I fix this so that AS Connect is enabled?

Stan

Make sure the dll.xml and exe.xml in your p3d v2 configs folder, the one under "Roaming", have the proper asn_srv entries.... 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Started to get some errors when starting FSX with NEXT since I migrated to Windows 10.    I'm moving on to FSreal WX PRO.  Seems like a good weather program and it was seamless from an install point.  I'll try it for a while, but so far I'm impressed.  Still using REX4 for Cloud textures.

Stan

Are you flying the PMDG 737 NGX or 777? you'll most likely lose your weather radar if you are, think about it. Besides ASN works very well and I can't imagine HiFi sitting idly by if it didn't work in Windows 10.

Guest JustanotherPilot

No problems her with ASN and Win 10 64 bit, as previously mentioned -  the best solution starts with the developer, ASN have help second to none.

ASN working fine under Win 10 and has been since day 1 of Win 10.