Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

RealAir Turbine Duke V2 repaints?

Not really finding anything other than tail number changes. Will the TDv1 livery package work with the TDv2? 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Go to Flightsim.com and find my 5 repaints for the Duke V2. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

One reason there are few paints is that there is no official paintkit.  I made some blank white textures and uploaded them.  They can be used with the P-Duke V2's paint kit to give you a makeshift T Duke v2 kit by cutting out the engine sections in the T duke textures and creating those layers with the P Duke paint kit.  There is no layered texture for the oil stains on the nacelles so its difficult to paint there if you want to have matching oil stained nacelles.

It is also a bit of a time consuming plane to paint (most planes are. but the T Duke a little more so)  To make a simple reg-registration paint I have to change main texture+main alpha and spec + spec alpha, if there is a registration number on the wing, thats wing texture + alpha with it's spec and spec alpha....and the oil stained texture/alpha spec and alpha.....then I get to change the registration number on the panel, with it's alpha.....so yeah its alot of work lol.

Hopefully Sean will be able to create a full T Duke V2 paint kit soon.

Cheers

TJ

Yes it is a bit more difficult without a paint kit but I never use one anyway. 

Here are a few of my paints and all of them have custom interiors also.

blkredduke_zpszfhjggsa.jpg

thedukeextior_zpsojr3464j.jpg

bcduketilt_zps9qbxq6pu.jpg

duke%20exterior_zpsctyq5fzi.jpg

duke%20paint%20Isle%20Air_zpsytfxfcdh.jp

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Paul,

Very nice repaints! I have in the past been successful not in fresh paint schemes, but in recoloring existing-schemes/stripes and graphics patterns and inserting custom tail numbers to create a consistency in my fleet. But the multiple layer textures for the Turbine Duke V2 are intimidating. I have no idea how to address them. This screen shots page at my SmugMug gives a good representation of the colors in my fleet.  

https://fppilot.smugmug.com/Airplanes/FSX-screen-shots/

The red color is the prevailing element. What I wanted to accomplish was a recoloring of the current graphics of the TDv2 version N157JT from dark blue to my own trade dress deep red. Is there any realistic way to accomplish this? Or does it require starting with a white paint kit and laying down new graphics?  I have no ideal how to attack the layered files.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

What I would do is load a texture similar to the scheme you plan to do into DXTBmp and then send it to your paint program (PS or other). In the paint program change the texture to a gray scale texture eliminating all color. Once all the color is gone go to work and change all textures to white while keeping the shape outline of the object (wing, tail, fuse). 

When you have the all white sections start putting on your graphics. Sort of starting with an blank canvas. Lots more to it but that is a start. Of course if any of the original graphics or stripes are similar to your new scheme you might want to keep and use them. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Yes it is a bit more difficult without a paint kit but I never use one anyway. 

Here are a few of my paints and all of them have custom interiors also.

blkredduke_zpszfhjggsa.jpg

thedukeextior_zpsojr3464j.jpg

bcduketilt_zps9qbxq6pu.jpg

duke%20exterior_zpsctyq5fzi.jpg

duke%20paint%20Isle%20Air_zpsytfxfcdh.jp

Do you have these uploaded anywhere? Very nice

Thanks,  they are at Flightsim.com and SOH. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hey, I cant find warbirds paints on FLightSim.com or SOH. Any direct links? 

You have to search under my name Paul Grubich or Duke V2.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Ahh, found it!  Thank you and good job on the paints!!! 

You have to search under my name Paul Grubich or Duke V2.

Hi Paul, great repaints! Thanks for the work you put into these. I was wondering if you ever uploaded this one?

s2_zpsn3nlatas.jpg

-Bob

Never did and not sure if I even still have it - but I will look and see if I can find it among some usb drive saves I have.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I'm not one to make requests. But is there a way to get U.S. registrations on the bodies? The paints are so cool, but I feel weird flying around VATSIM as "BEECHCRAFT TURBINE DUKE"

Never did and not sure if I even still have it - but I will look and see if I can find it among some usb drive saves I have.

No problem Paul, I wasn't trying to make more work for you. Just wondering if I missed it somewhere.

-Bob