Sign in to follow this  
Zesty42

Windows 10 - Malwarebytes

Good evening, 

I'm running Windows 10 on my laptop, and seem to have a certain adware program that keeps redirecting me to random websites. I have malwarebytes, but unfortunately it cannot detect it as malware. However, whenever I enter into avsim, the adware wants to run the most, making my experience on avsim very very slow. Oddly though, performance runs fine on other sites like YouTube, Google (in general). What malwarebytes does say is that it blocked an outbound process from the website: tr553.com from the chrome.exe... The files from tr553 cannot be found anywhere on my computer and am stuck wondering how to remove it. I have followed countless instructional articles, but they all seem to have the same structure of: "Download this Program" or "Remove it manually at your own risk". And each website promotes its different programs. None of them work unfortunately. Chrome has absolutely no extensions on it. Basically clean, but these ads keep coming! I see the website redirects in the source page when i click inspect element. I want to know if there is anyone out there who would like to help me remove this from my computer for good. I don't even know where it came from.

programs seem to be: tr553.com as well as ads by Jabuticaba. Very annoying.I apologize if I have posted this in the incorrect space, no other forum seems to be of use. 

Very thankful for anything!

Regards,

Chris

Try doing an anti virus scan, Malwarebytes is an excellent program and I use it on my personal rig. As recent as last night I was cleaning up a computer in which the family uses, it didn't have an anti virus program installed on it, and with it being an old computer - it took all night for the virus scan to complete, Malwarebytes got rid of all malware related software, where as Avast (the anti virus I use) got rid of all threats including adware. If an anti virus doesn't get rid of the adware, then either try a clean install losing all your documents, or just bring it to your local computer repair shop, they'll sure know how to get rid of it. 

Good luck! 

You might have some extension installed on Chrome that's causing this.

Click Settings on the top right corner of a Chrome window, click More Tools, click Extensions. Check to see if you have any shady extensions installed.

Usually these garbage extensions are installed with certain programs. Make sure you always read what the program is installing, don't just click "Next, next, next".

If you really have malware, Malwarebytes and an antivirus are not guaranteed to  remove all  Malware from your computer. You could still be infected, and the only to way to make sure something is not on your system that could be mining your passwords, or logging keystrokes, is to wipe your drive, and reinstall windows with a clean install. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Try doing an anti virus scan, Malwarebytes is an excellent program and I use it on my personal rig. As recent as last night I was cleaning up a computer in which the family uses, it didn't have an anti virus program installed on it, and with it being an old computer - it took all night for the virus scan to complete, Malwarebytes got rid of all malware related software, where as Avast (the anti virus I use) got rid of all threats including adware. If an anti virus doesn't get rid of the adware, then either try a clean install losing all your documents, or just bring it to your local computer repair shop, they'll sure know how to get rid of it. 

Good luck! 

Thanks! That will be the last resort!

You might have some extension installed on Chrome that's causing this.

Click Settings on the top right corner of a Chrome window, click More Tools, click Extensions. Check to see if you have any shady extensions installed.

Usually these garbage extensions are installed with certain programs. Make sure you always read what the program is installing, don't just click "Next, next, next".

I figured it was an extension, but none show up! I just blocked certain cookies from certain websites and now the speed has greatly increase on avsim, so I'm figuring that it must be certain cookies or the like! Any advice?

In addition, Malware bytes detects the outbound program coming from the chrome exe.. I have tried uninstalling chrome and reinstalling but to no avail, the redirects popup! Anything would help, thanks!

If you really have malware, Malwarebytes and an antivirus are not guaranteed to  remove all  Malware from your computer. You could still be infected, and the only to way to make sure something is not on your system that could be mining your passwords, or logging keystrokes, is to wipe your drive, and reinstall windows with a clean install. 

I just backed up select files (which I know are not infected) just in case I have to resort to this! Hopefully I won't! Thanks for your reply! P.s. I have been extra careful to the websites I visit ever since I noticed this odd infection. Haven't been to any site holding any personal info (banks, paypal etc.). Mostly just youtube, google, airnav, the like!