Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Default key for reverse thrust?

In fsx it is F2 - I bought that xp10 Challenger and just remembered I don't have a key for reverse thrust. Is there one? I use a ch throttle fwiw

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've never had to do it (used spare axis for the task), but I've read before that there's a toggle reverse setting that allows you to basically pull back throttles, toggle into reverse, push forward throttles again to apply reverse thrust?  No idea how well that works.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

There is a button assignment (advanced) and probably a key assignment option, but I'm not at my flight sim computer right now.  In the (advanced) buttons, I believe it is under engines and says "reverse thrust".  The one button seems to work for all engines, even if you have them in separate axis assignments in a quadrant.  In the Saitek quadrants, there is a button function at the bottom of the axis movement, and that is where I have that key assigned - pull the throttle down to the stop (detent) and all the way down for reverse. Seems logical to me.

John

Edit - only works with turbo props and jets.

John Wingold

The default assignment is this:

/ SHIFT sim/engines/thrust_reverse_toggle

But it works only if you have the numpad, else you've to change the assignment.

Hello,

on my french keyboard, I use Shift+/ to toggle reverse, then you push the throttle forward to increase reverse thrust, below 70 kt, bring back the throttle to idle reverse and Shift+/ again to stow the reverse's doors.

On the keyboard, I use / which is two keys to the left of the right shift.

Stephane

vpa055.png

Just a note, since I'm on a pro-XP kick these days:  I really like the flexibility of the command assignments. It takes a bit of getting used to, but there's so many commands available to assign to joystick buttons, that you're really only ever limited by the amount of hardware you have.  Of course, I'm very hardware heavy (PFC C2 console, plus a Saitek TPM, plus a spare Saitek TQ, plus a X55 setup) so it's obviously of more benefit if you have a ton of hardware.

The only thing I'd ask for is native on/off switch polling.  Right now, you can't set a command to trigger when you turn a single pole switch off without scripting something in xjoymap.  I wired up all my lights switches on my PFC console to be single pole, and I'm kinda regretting that!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I have a quite similar question for X-Plane11 trying to assign same keyboard keys as fs9, FSX and P3Dv4.

what are the "names" equivalent to: 
Throttle Cut = ? (to assign F1)
Throttle decrease quickly = ?  (to assign F2)
Spoiler Arm = ? (to assign Shift+/)
Spoiler extend/retract = ? (to assign "/")
I don't see the answer from the manual (Instructions folder). 
From Keyboard settings I want to select the equivalent names to assign them accordingly.

Patricio Valdes