Sign in to follow this  
Richard99_Photography

More info about PMDG 777 updates available by OpCenter

Good morning,

I had connected to the net my FSX:SE running PC last night and the PMDG operation center noticed me that new updates for my hangar (777-200LR and 777-300ER) are available. I could not understand what kind of, but it looked like strange. I have just seen in the PMDG official website that last service updates available for 737NGX and 777X are 1d, which are currently installed on my rig (I can run either 737NGX and 777X on FSX:SE).

Has the build no. maybe changed? Where can I find more detailed information about the updates that PMDG operation center is giving me notice?

Thanks a lot, bye.

P.S.: my request is due to connection problems I have with FSX:SE running PC. I would like to download service updates from another PC and then install those updates (.exe files?) on the FSX:SE running PC. Only way to do that is to download the entire executable file, unistall the airplane and then reinstall again versus install only incremental updates?

Bye.

Hi

Check your exact version number, it should be v1.10.6492 if you have the latest updates.

If not, you can download the updated installers from your PMDG store account.

Hi

Check your exact version number, it should be v1.10.6492 if you have the latest updates.

If not, you can download the updated installers from your PMDG store account.

Hello,

thanks. I have just checked the current installed version: it is the January update, I don't remember the build number.

Is there a way to get the incremental update without download and reinstall the full package? For some reasons the FSX:SE running PC is not connected to the web by broadband connection.

Thanks.

Is there a way to get the incremental update without download and reinstall the full package?

No. However the current installer will include all of the updates since the T7 was released in 2013.

No. However the current installer will include all of the updates since the T7 was released in 2013.

Ok thanks, but I cannot understand why, for relatively minor updates, we should download the entire installation package, remove the previous version and then reinstall again.

It is a quite strange decision IMHO.

Bye.

Ok thanks, but I cannot understand why, for relatively minor updates, we should download the entire installation package, remove the previous version and then reinstall again.

It is a quite strange decision IMHO.

Bye.

True, the download may take a few minutes but the uninstall/install process is only a minute or two.  The reason is the updates included updates to installers to accomodate three platforms.

Dan Downs KCRP