Sign in to follow this  
Demious

LINDA + Saitek Radio problem

I'm trying to setup my Saitek Radio through LINDA, but I'm having some issues. I've got the buttons working, but the displays stay black. Also when I change frequencies, I've got quite a delay between the input from the rotary and the numbers following in the VC.

How can I get the displays working and how do I solve the delay between the input and the readout?

Cheers!

Maarten

I'm trying to setup my Saitek Radio through LINDA, but I'm having some issues. I've got the buttons working, but the displays stay black. Also when I change frequencies, I've got quite a delay between the input from the rotary and the numbers following in the VC.

How can I get the displays working and how do I solve the delay between the input and the readout?

Hi Maarten

The delay is a function of how LINDA works.  It will only update the display every second. If you rotate the controls too fast it takes a second or two for the display to catch up.

The code for the Saitek panels was provided by Cooly and I am unable to investigate any improvements as I do not own any of these panels.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks for the info, Scotflieger. I'll keep using SPAD next to LINDA, that way I can use the app that fits my needs best.

Cheers!

Maarten

Hi all, I'm new on Linda and I've some problem using Linda and my Saitek Radio Panel.
This radio panel is listed in the "Joystic/HID devices" Linda's  list.

I've read the above posts and I ask you how can I instruct Linda to not take in account the radio panel . So I'll be able to use SPAD for this panel.
Otherway if I try to activate Spad nothing of the radio panel goes well.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Claudio

Claudio Piccirilli - member since 2013

Hi all, I'm new on Linda and I've some problem using Linda and my Saitek Radio Panel.

This radio panel is listed in the "Joystic/HID devices" Linda's list.

I've read the above posts and I ask you how can I instruct Linda to not take in account the radio panel . So I'll be able to use SPAD for this panel.

Otherway if I try to activate Spad nothing of the radio panel goes well.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Claudio

With the latest changes you can not have LINDA ignore the Saitek panels. What you do need to do is make sure LINDA has no functions assigned to the Radio Panel. Otherwise, both SPAD and LINDA will try and respond the inputs. Alternatively, you could just not run SPAD.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Scotflieger, thanks for your answer, but I do not understand all what you say.

Yes, Linda has no function assigned to the Radio Panel (I read "empty" for all the buttons) and if I run SPAD all the display digits  are flashing.

What is the correct way to assign the Radio Panel buttons with the default fsx (really I'm using P3D v3)? Is possible to do  in one only step?

Best regards

Claudio

Hi Scotflieger, thanks for your answer, but I do not understand all what you say.

Yes, Linda has no function assigned to the Radio Panel (I read "empty" for all the buttons) and if I run SPAD all the display digits are flashing.

What is the correct way to assign the Radio Panel buttons with the default fsx (really I'm using P3D v3)?

Best regards

Claudio

I will refer you to the release notes for 2.6.7. There is file in the /modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/default called config-saitek.lua. Open it in a text editor and copy the radio panel block into the config-hid.lua file in the same folder. See annex at back of release notes. Then restart everything.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Perfect.

Many things are starting to be clear.

Thank you a lot

Have a good night

Claudio

Hello, Donor:

I'm facing the same issue Claudio has reported. Since I upgrated LINDA to 2.8.3 v1 the Saitek Radio displays blink continously.

I executed the tasks you did mention above but it keeps the same. The blinking effect stops as soon as I quit LINDA and restarts immediately when it runs.

Anything else I should do?

Thanks!

P.S: After copying the radio block from config-saitek.lua to config-hid.lua file, whenever the ACT/STBY bottom is pressed, the frequencies are switched twice, resulting nothing. I've learned it is caused by a double command, one from LINDA, other from SPAD. Since that change did not fixed the issue, I've deleted the changes in config-hid.lua and I'm looking forward for another idea from you.

Thanks again.