Sign in to follow this  
hiway

VC View

Is there anyway to permanently change the view in the VC to 60 deg. Defaults to 50 deg.

60 seems more realistic. I know you can change it in View Options, but it changes back with switching views.

Hope this is understandable to everone.

Paul

In your panel.cfg file, under the [VIEWS] section, change VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=50 to VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=60, you can also change any other direction specified to match. The number is percent of zoom, I personally prefer 75.

I don't see  "VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=50" in the panel config for the Baron. Is there another place?

Look in the aircraft.cfg file, look for [CameraDefinition.***], find the camera definition you want to change and look for a the InitialZoom= line and put in the numbers you need, in your case it would be InitialZoom=0.6

Hiway, copy the lines below into the FS9 baron panel.cfg, after the [Window Titles] section:

[VIEWS]

VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=60

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=0,0,0

VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_ZOOM=60

VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=0,0,45

VIEW_RIGHT_ZOOM=60

VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=0,0,90

VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_ZOOM=60

VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_DIR=0,0,135

VIEW_REAR_ZOOM=60

VIEW_REAR_DIR=0,0,180

VIEW_REAR_LEFT_ZOOM=60

VIEW_REAR_LEFT_DIR=0,0,225

VIEW_LEFT_ZOOM=60

VIEW_LEFT_DIR=0,0,270

VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_ZOOM=60

VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=0,0,315

Hey Guys,

I'm doing no good in locating   "[CameraDefinition.***] "   or    " VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=50 "

Could you be refering to FSX? I am using FS9.

Paul

Sorry man, that was my bad, didn't see that this was in the fs9 section until now. I just followed one of the links from the front page. My suggestion is for fsx. :Whistle:

A32XX, I copied those lines under the [windows] section, no change.

I would be interested in a solution to this or to know whatI'm doing wrong.

Is there anyway to permanently change the view in the VC to 60 deg. Defaults to 50 deg.

Have you tried opening the default flight, adjusting zoom and then saving this flight and establishing it as the new default flight? Other than that, I can't see how to have this done permanently in FS9.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Hiway, try changing ZOOM=60 to ZOOM=0.60 on each line

Thank you all for answering, but I've come to the conclusion it's not possible in FS9. If I save the adjusted view it reverts back as soon as I change views.

I hope I'm wrong. I will keep investigating this. A real weak spot in this sim

Thank you

Paul

Hiway, take a look at the default C172 panel.cfg, I think there is a [VIEWS] section already in it. Copy that into the same place in your Beech panel.cfg and change each zoom factor to 0.60. Note that if you hit spacebar while in any 2D or 3D view, the zoom re-sets to x1.00 and you'll have to press - a few times to zoom back out to x0.60.

The default Baron doesn't have a view section in the panel.cfg.

Therefor you have to create one.

Copy both of the lines below into your panel.cfg

[VIEWS]

View_Forward_Zoom=0.60

This will work for FS9.

The panel cfg is pretty much the same for the 172 and the baron.

I've tried placing the suggested line from rainerk and A32xx in various places in the panel cfg. Doesn't seem to have any effect.

Hi,

The line in the panel.cfg file only affects the 2D panel, not the VC.  The correct answer was to change the zoom value and then save a flight.  You then either have to make that your Default Flight, or load that flight each time before you start.

Hope this helps,